Lake Anna questions

Have been 2 time now an am trying to learn my way around. Have only fished north/west arms of the lake so far.

When people refer to public/private side of lake what is exactly meant. I figure hot side is below power plant and south side of bridges/roads.

Is the bridge at Moody Town rd only way into hot side. Where are "pools"?

And when water in rest of lake starts getting cold is fishing better on hot side. New to this and trying to learn as much as I can.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    There is no public ramp for the Hotside. The Hot side is residents only (hence Private Side), but there are many, if you know them, that allow others to launch. I have fished it in the winter where the air temp was 16 at launch and the water temps were in the 60's :) There are 3 cooling ponds, each connected by a canal. Pond 3 dumps back in to the Public side at Dike 3 near the dam. here is a good writeup by a local, very well known LKA Guide: http://mccotterslakeanna.com/lake.htm
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    Thank you for the link. Very informative. So what I see on the map at Moody Town rd is not a bridge but a drainage ( so to speak). So Now I know that you can not fish the hot or cold side without taking boat out of water. And knowing someone that will let you launch on hot side.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    The other option if you want to fish the hotside in the winter is to rent a house that has a launch access....The hotside is cool to fish but generally the fish are smaller but you can go catch 25-50 fish in a day..The winter is the best time to stick a giant on Anna on the cold side imo