Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Am I missing something? Johnny, don't you have a Pro 2 seater? If so, then yes, you will be able to put a battery (cranking) under the oil tank in the bilge but you may also mount your cranking battery in the rear port compartment right up against the front wall and if you are convinced you need 2 lithium batteries then they will both fit up front in the center compartment under the tool box. That front battery compartment is designed to fit 2 group 31 batteries. You don't need to run any more wires. If that is what I'm understanding that you are questioning?
    I did have a 2 seater Pro. I sold it yesterday and now I am buying a new boat. The issue I have been having has been getting pricing on 36 volt batteries period. I was ready, if the price was what I thought it would be, to drop the coins and get 2 and simply put them in the 2 front mounting brackets in the center storage and be done with it. But when it seems to be impossible to get price and delivery on 36 volt batteries period, the next path in a 36 volt lithium setup would be to get 3 of the 12 volt units and series them. If I end up going with 3 batteries the 3rd battery has to be mounted either under the oil tank or in the port side storage where my last boat's cranking battery was located. Hopefully I can get 2 of the 36 volt lithium's and not have to do any creative mounting of a 3rd battery.

I think it’s the battle born battery. Relion and Lithium pros make a starting or dual purpose. The big lithium pro has 1500 MCA
    Cant find any info on Battle born. Other that 100 ah and 200 ah for 1/2 second.

3. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    I think it’s the battle born battery. Relion and Lithium pros make a starting or dual purpose. The big lithium pro has 1500 MCA
    Correct Relion has the HP batteries for cranking and running electronics. They come in 80ah and 100ah.

Lithium pros also offers a cranking battery.

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    "If I end up going with 3 batteries".......

got it Johnny!! I must have missed that part.

Like tim P mentioned, a battery tray is under the oil tank in the new boats and that is for a 3rd TM battery. I remember seeing Johnathon Bowlings setup at the factory when He had that Ulterra mounted on the bow. 3 lead acid batteries for the 36v TM (2 up front and 1 in the bilge) cranking behind the passenger seat.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    The Battle Born BMS is surge for 1/2 second, 200 amps for 30 seconds and 100 amps continous.. I run 3 for my trolling and the lead acid that came with the boat for cranking. The Battle Born has the power to crank a pro xs, but the BMS won't allow it. They are developing a cranking battery. I know of one particular customer that uses The normal Battle Born 12v 100ah to start his verado with no issues. The compressor on the pro xs creates extra load while cranking, and the current BMS doesn't like it. Give Battle Born a call Monday and maybe they can work with you on this.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    "If I end up going with 3 batteries".......

got it Johnny!! I must have missed that part.

Like tim P mentioned, a battery tray is under the oil tank in the new boats and that is for a 3rd TM battery. I remember seeing Johnathon Bowlings setup at the factory when He had that Ulterra mounted on the bow. 3 lead acid batteries for the 36v TM (2 up front and 1 in the bilge) cranking behind the passenger seat.
    Looking more and more like that is the direction to take. 3 batteries.

7. Member
    I have fingers crossed. A lithium pro dealer just got in touch with me this afternoon (yes Sunday afternoon!) and told me he would have me a quote in the morning. I appreciate the notice and to know the guy cared enough to get in touch with me. He knows I'm a little frustrated with the whole delay on pricing. My gut says he couldn't help it but rather was at the mercy of someone else. I'm not into grudges and hard feelings nor pettiness on things this minor to be honest. Bewildered and frustrated....yes, angry or mad...Not a chance. There is always another way to get something done. I want the lazy way if I can afford it. That means 2 each 36 volt batteries. If that don't work I'm getting 3 batteries and calling my buddy's Powell and Woody to come help me wire them in. LOL

9. Member
    Thank you Lord! I ordered new batteries and chargers this morning. Thanks goes out to Tim Powell for helping to hook me up. The ones I ordered are Lithium Pros, my first choice. They are building them this week too. I will carry them with me to pick up the new boat and do some TX fishing while I'm down there for a day anyway!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Thank you Lord! I ordered new batteries and chargers this morning. Thanks goes out to Tim Powell for helping to hook me up. The ones I ordered are Lithium Pros, my first choice. They are building them this week too. I will carry them with me to pick up the new boat and do some TX fishing while I'm down there for a day anyway!
    What time are you picking me up on the trip down?
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    LOL! If you went with me we'd be pulling a blue and white Allison on the way down to Dallas trying to figure out how to hook the trailer of the black/red new one on to the cavitation plate of yours for the trip home! LOL

12. Member
    Tandem!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Tandem!
    Exactly!

14. Member
    Make a stop in mount pleasant to run with jay

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I'm a good passenger!
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12