W.O.N. Bass U.S. Open Phoenix comparison.

Well,

I sold my boat a few years ago to chase pelagic fish off the California coast, and thought it would be fun to fish the Open just to get a tournament in. I went AAA for the first time since I have no boat. The first day I drew Mike Peterson from Last Chance marine the Phoenix dealer here in so Cal. I was stoked since I have yet to ride in one of my possibilities for my next boat. What I learned about the 721 Pro XP.

Speed was incredible smoked everything out there. Ride was exceptional for a fast boat (hard to have both). The ride reminded me of my old 86 Champ with the deep V which went all the way to the pad (an outstanding boat in big water). The layout and and level fishing platform was great. I am a nut for a level low to the water boat, no high sided walleye boat for me. The quality and storage was as good as my last 20' Ranger.

Day 2 I fished out of a Z521 which was a nice boat huge front deck and very level and stable as Rangers are known for. The only problem is 4 Phoenix's blew by us before we hit the basin WTF,,lol. The Ride as with my old Ranger solid but had the Ranger slap feeling when in the chop (the 721 did not have that). A nice boat but no comparison to the 721 in speed and ride.

Day 3 I fished out of a Charger 210 (Champion 210). What a beast V-Rod 250 doing mid 70's with two tourney load and full fuel and live wells and 2 power poles. Nothing compares to a 210 Champ for ride. It was a nice boat too big for my taste, but a fast beast. Great layout but I will take a Phoenix any day!

So that being said, my next boat WILL BE A PHOENIX without a doubt. In my opinion it has the best of all worlds, not a 210 ride or a Z521 fishing platform but the best combo of everything in one package by far. You can have the best ride or fishing platform but will usually suffer in the other category, but Phoenix is the best all around tournament bass boat out there!

Just thought I would share. It is hard to fish out of three of the top boats in one tourney.

The saying ride and decide happened at the Open and well Phoenix comes out on top easily.

2. Member
    It’s hard to beat the Bird in my opinion in every category, just all together great boats. I have a 618 pro and it handles great.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Well,

I sold my boat a few years ago to chase pelagic fish off the California coast, and thought it would be fun to fish the Open just to get a tournament in. I went AAA for the first time since I have no boat. The first day I drew Mike Peterson from Last Chance marine the Phoenix dealer here in so Cal. I was stoked since I have yet to ride in one of my possibilities for my next boat. What I learned about the 721 Pro XP.

Speed was incredible smoked everything out there. Ride was exceptional for a fast boat (hard to have both). The ride reminded me of my old 86 Champ with the deep V which went all the way to the pad (an outstanding boat in big water). The layout and and level fishing platform was great. I am a nut for a level low to the water boat, no high sided walleye boat for me. The quality and storage was as good as my last 20' Ranger.

Day 2 I fished out of a Z521 which was a nice boat huge front deck and very level and stable as Rangers are known for. The only problem is 4 Phoenix's blew by us before we hit the basin WTF,,lol. The Ride as with my old Ranger solid but had the Ranger slap feeling when in the chop (the 721 did not have that). A nice boat but no comparison to the 721 in speed and ride.

Day 3 I fished out of a Charger 210 (Champion 210). What a beast V-Rod 250 doing mid 70's with two tourney load and full fuel and live wells and 2 power poles. Nothing compares to a 210 Champ for ride. It was a nice boat too big for my taste, but a fast beast. Great layout but I will take a Phoenix any day!

So that being said, my next boat WILL BE A PHOENIX without a doubt. In my opinion it has the best of all worlds, not a 210 ride or a Z521 fishing platform but the best combo of everything in one package by far. You can have the best ride or fishing platform but will usually suffer in the other category, but Phoenix is the best all around tournament bass boat out there!

Just thought I would share. It is hard to fish out of three of the top boats in one tourney.

The saying ride and decide happened at the Open and well Phoenix comes out on top easily.
    I purchased my 17' 721 from Mike and Dan @ Last Chance Performance Marine this past June and they are true professionals in the boat industry. Very knowledgeable and just great all around people. The 721 is one badass boat, I fall in love with it again every time I take it out!
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXp w/250 YamahaSHO

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by cal z20 View Post
    Well,

You need to ride in the 921 or even better 921 / 21 PHX. Even better ride and awesome fishing platform. They have a wider deck and still run mid 70's. Some hav posted videos on here running the 921 pro XP with a Verado in the 77 to 78 range.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    My buddy drew a 921 on the last day and loved it. All the Phoenix boats were tearing it up hauling bass. There was a 919 I would have liked to check out.

6. Member
    That's awesome. Mike is a great guy. Think I may have been one of the guys that passed you on day 2 in my 20PHX :)

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Last week in 2016 921xp/SHO. Full tank gas, fully loaded gear, empty wells, with buddy, water 74*
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    I've been in Mike's Phoenix twice now. The first time at Lake Havasu with 2-3 foot rollers and the ride was very impressive. I've owed two Rangers and a Champion, Mike's the Phoenix easily out performed any boats I have owned. You will be in great hands with Mike and Lynne at Last Chance Marine. Go visit the Last Chance Marie Facebook page and you will see Mike delivering boats to clients in other states. You don't see that kind of service anymore.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS