Phoenix 920 to a ZX250

I have owned a phoenix 721 and 920. Love them both but dealer is trying to put me into a 17 zx250. Would really appreciate anyone who has owned both to tell me what there opinions are.
    Thank you in advance

2. Member
    The only input I have is I owned a 618 and loved it. Wanted a bigger boat and my local dealer quit sailing Phoenix so I got a ZX225. The only difference other than the size is you don’t have to drive a Skeeter a high speed it handles like a dream as were the Phoenix wanted to walk on me

3. Member
    Tell him to give you the keys. If he wont let you on the water with a Zx250, he doesn't want to sell it hard enough. If you like it then work the price in your favor.

Other than the a few mph in speed you'll not be disappointed in the zx250.... If new to the Yamaha then you'll absolutely love it...ring free and gas... No oil additive.... Thats it... No funny smell.... No mess....my 250 is 74 mph boat... Haven't gotten full speed with the new T2 prop yet... The T1 was a full 6000 rpm and 74 mph machine... One hand on the wheel... Very easy... I'd let wife drive it type of machine... I'm with Randy, take the zx for ride and if you're not impressed then go elsewhere....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by fatfred51 View Post
    I have owned a phoenix 721 and 920. Love them both but dealer is trying to put me into a 17 zx250. Would really appreciate anyone who has owned both to tell me what there opinions are.
    Thank you in advance
    I just went the other way - Skeeter to a new Phoenix. Very close call as I really think both brands are awesome and spent the last 7 years in a 20i. The FX rides better than the ZX - was no doubt about that in my opinion. However if you haven't ridden in an FX the ZX will still be a great riding boat, better than a lot of brands. The trim and attention to detail is a little more sophisticated on the Skeeter vs. the Phoenix. The Skeeters are sharp boats! The Phoenix will ride better than either the FX or ZX, and will not porpoise at slow speed. The Phoenix will require more driver input where the Skeeter is point and shoot driving. For me it really boiled down to ride - that was my number one concern. If Skeeter still made the I class I would probably be in a Skeeter.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    this is exactly why I plan to keep my iclass until it falls apart.

well

that and the cost of a new 1

Last edited by mrlawler1; 10-23-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    this is exactly why I plan to keep my iclass until it falls apart.

well

that and the cost of a new 1
    I've been in nearly every brand of boat in true rough water all over...the I-class is the best riding boat I've ever been in by far. I wish I had one.

9. Member
    Well said!