Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the only compartment that leaks a little is the center rod box, but I store my rods in the port rod box and my 15 3700's in the center box. there is nothing to hold the boxes on the sides of the center box like the PT 20. I have a custom rack for 10 3700's and the others on the side. no problem with the Talon. considering adding another but I really don't use them enough to warrant another 2300 bucks. they do make launching easier. mine was ordered with everything except the graphs which came off my last boat. I should be getting the new boat soon but I'm in Chicago so it will be a while before I take it out.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    the only compartment that leaks a little is the center rod box, but I store my rods in the port rod box and my 15 3700's in the center box. there is nothing to hold the boxes on the sides of the center box like the PT 20. I have a custom rack for 10 3700's and the others on the side. no problem with the Talon. considering adding another but I really don't use them enough to warrant another 2300 bucks. they do make launching easier. mine was ordered with everything except the graphs which came off my last boat. I should be getting the new boat soon but I'm in Chicago so it will be a while before I take it out.

3dees, thank you for the review. I'm still really considering this boat, but the stories of leaking compartments worries me. Ive heard from another PT 18 owner that his port and starboard lockers leaked a little, but he was able to fix it. Another issue I worry about is weight from the talon slowing the boat down even more. Id like to get away with just 1 talon 8' or 10'(havent decided on length), and a hydraulic jackplate, but still be able to get close to 50 mph with 2 guys.

3. Banned
    50 with a 150 wow that is pretty slow . Think I like my rt 188 115 proxs command thrust better everyday.
    21 tempest most time loader 46 mph sometimes right 48 depending on load

4. Banned
    That’s with power pole

5. Member
    SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE, YOU CAN PROBABLY DRILL AND CHANNEL THE WATER AWAY FROM THE 2 SIDE LOCKERS BUT I AM NOT AT THAT POINT YET AND I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT COMPARTMENTS GETTING WET IN REALLY HEAVY RAIN, NO WHERE FOR DECK WATER TO GO, AS PER THE OPTIONS YOU CAN SAVE 400 BUCKS ON GETTING YOUR OWN HOOK 7 AND PUTTING IT IN, ABOUT 2 HUNDRED GETTING AND PUTTING IN YOUR OWN BATTERY CHARGER, AND 3 HUNDRED PUTTING ON YOUR OWN FORTEX TROLLING MOTOR, HYDRALIC STEERING WOULD BE A BIG SAVINGS BUT MAY HAVE SOME WARRANTY ISSUES IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, PUT ON A FURY STAINLESS 3 BLADE AND YOU SHOULD GET 3-4 MPH MORE AND YES IF YOU BUY A USED PROP YOU WILL SAVE ANOTHER COUPLE HUNDRED. , BUT AM GOING TO STAY WITH THE 4 BLADE, LESS TOP END BUT REALLY GRABS THE WATER AND GIVES BETTER HOLE SHOT AND QUICKER ON PLANE. ALOT OF THE GUYS WITH ALUMINUM 18'S ARE GONNA GO FASTER, BUT I WILL SACRIFICE MPH FOR THE FRONT DECK SPACE ANYDAY, NO OTHER TIN COMPARES TO IT
    Last edited by saphireblue99; 03-13-2018 at 12:23 AM.

got my "new" PT18. the mechanic took it out with two other guys and a full tank of gas. said he got 56mph, gps with the 19" Tempest. I can live with that. just waiting for some better weather to test it out myself.

7. Member
    will be worth the wait, my latest issue is the fuel pump went out with 7.2 hours on the motor, backordered till 2nd week in april.

8. Member
    got my "new" PT18. the mechanic took it out with two other guys and a full tank of gas. said he got 56mph, gps with the 19" Tempest. I can live with that. just waiting for some better weather to test it out myself.
    drop me a line and let me know what kind of speed you get and what pitch tempest you are using.

I went out last week with my grandson and his friend. was too cold to really test it. I'm running a Tempest 19" which Mercury says is the correct prop. on the bright side, porpoising is gone and gets on plane in a couple of seconds. I need to take it out alone to see what it does as I usually fish alone anyway. I don't expect more than mid 50's. this boat is not for speed demons.

10. Banned
    I don't expect more than mid 50's. this boat is not for speed demons.
    I hear ya but would like to add...mid 50's is haulin!!

My boat runs faster but I rarely run over 55-60...that's plenty fast in a 18-20 foot tin. IMO

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    I hear ya but would like to add...mid 50's is haulin!!

My boat runs faster but I rarely run over 55-60...that's plenty fast in a 18-20 foot tin. IMO
    X2 - cruising at 54-55 is fantastic, even in a big glass when all of our recreational "friends" are out there with us we only periodically accelerate to get around our "friends". Now, to get to that first spot, first thing in the AM is a different story, but, that's usually for bragging rights... Our first spot has never made that much of a difference, usually gives one the psychological advantage though...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

12. Member
    lookup on the web, 300xs bullet vermillion blastoff, this dude hits 95- 100mph at the start of each tourney, INSANE...

fast, faster, fastest, you still have to catch fish.

14. Member
    My pt 18 review

2018 pt 18, 2018 pro xs 150, 21 tempest, 80lbs unltrex, 10ft talon

I was in Tenn last week had a good opportunity to run my boat in big water

Only complaint i have so far is the compartments do leak, I knew this going into buying the boat. I will adding a water proof containers in my side compartments because they are huge and i can. The boat handles amazing in good 3ft rollers, much nicer thatn my 18 1/2ft glass boat i was running before. I can just about keep it open up in rough water with no issue keeping speed around 45-48 which i would of blown my back out in my glass boat. It is a little louder hitting those waves but that is due to aluminium. With the 21 tempest i was getting around 51mpg gps at 5200 rpms. 3dees i think you are on the money with the 19 tempest, With the wide base it fishes great in rough water the ultrex held me right where i needed to be. The turning ability and the hole shot are amazing, i can wait to see how this thing flys out of the hole with a 19 pitch. I was blown away with the 21 pitch.

3dees- running your boat how much do you trim the motor, with my glass boat i was able to trim the motor to get the rpms and speed. With the pt 18 i almost have to run trimmed all the down otherwise i am getting proposing issues. is this because the motor already runs shallow? I seen you had the issue with your 2017 model it only happens when i try trimming the motor up some. Does anyone out there have a jackplate installed on the pt 18, the dealer did not suggest one because how shallow the boat already runs. Other than that the boat is great, Anyone have questions let me know or can give me some pointer to get best performance will be appreciated.

15. Member
    I️m in the market for a tin boat and also interested in a crestliner pt 18.. any info you guys have would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by illianahunter95 View Post
    I️m in the market for a tin boat and also interested in a crestliner pt 18.. any info you guys have would be great!
    got mine at Basa's in Bollingbrook. the problem is they do not have one on the floor. if your serious, you can come and check out mine. don't know where in Il. your at.

17. Member
    got mine at Basa's in Bollingbrook. the problem is they do not have one on the floor. if your serious, you can come and check out mine. don't know where in Il. your at.
    I️m in central Illinois. My local dealer in Rockville, IN doesn’t have one on the floor either. I️ love the looks of the pt18 and the layout of compartments. Just haven’t been able to find much feedback. And with the new Vexus boats comping out the price is comparable.

18. Not Banned
    Not the same boat but I'm running a 15 1/4 - 19T on my Yamaha 150. Most I know of are running a 21. Mine has a heck of a hole shot with the 19... so much that I'm not going to change to the 21. It holds the corners really well and trims up higher than I expected it to. I fish mostly shallow water so getting on plane quick means more to me than a 1 or 2 mph on top.

19. Member
    I took one out a couple times and really liked the boat however the compartments won’t keep water out they are similar to the bass tracker lids. There’s no raised rails to channel the water down onto the floor board drain, other than that the 150hp mercury really does the boat great and the fish ability is awesome.
    2007 TXW 175
    Mercury 60hp 4 stroke
    24v Minnkota maxxum
    Bow lowrance Elite 7 HDI
    Console 1198ci si

20. Member
    My PT 18 must be a freak of nature because I'm running 54mph(gps) with a 19p Tempest and am currently looking for a 21p because if I run wide open, I will hit the rev limiter. I believe with the correct motor height and trim this boat with a 150 four stroke will turn a worked 23p prop at 60+- mph.
    2018 Crestliner PT18
    Merc 150 Four Stroke
    6" Atlas hyd. Jack Plate
    Twin Power Pole Pro IIs
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast