Thread: 1998 Swift

1998 Swift

Hey guys does anyone know who made Swift bassboats? I am looking for a good used bassboat and came across a 98 Swift. 21ft with a 200HP Evinrude. It seems like good deal just never heard of that make.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

2. Member
    im pretty sure Swift made them , knew cpl guys had them and said were good boat
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Made by swift

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Swift Boat Company was located in Theodosia, MO by Gary Wilson, who started it around 1987, after leaving Ranger Boats where he worked for about 17 years. He wanted to build a rig that the average working man could afford. If I remember correctly he was killed in a plane crash. I forgot what hull he splashed to make it but it turned out with the unusual crankbait looking nose.

I cant think of anything close he could have copied. It was a design all his own

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Thanks for the feed back guys. The Ad says the trim at the console will not trim motor down but trims up just fine. Would that be the switch or relay? Anyone have any thoughts? Its a 1998 and is 21.3ft with a 200 Evinrude. Its has a Fortrex 101 and HDS 8 and 5. The ad says $5,500. Does that seem like good deal it does to me.Tandem trailer.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back guys. The Ad says the trim at the console will not trim motor down but trims up just fine. Would that be the switch or relay? Anyone have any thoughts? Its a 1998 and is 21.3ft with a 200 Evinrude. Its has a Fortrex 101 and HDS 8 and 5. The ad says $5,500. Does that seem like good deal it does to me.Tandem trailer.
    If the trim switch at the bow or on the motor works in both directions, the trim switch at the console is bad. If none of the trim switches will trimt he motor down, then it's a relay.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Pretty sure it's wood stringers and transom. Check them well for water intrusion and rot. The price is about right if everything checks out.

9. Banned
    Swift might be one of if not the best all around hull ever built. Handles rough water well, great speed, solid platform, good storage, with a comfortable layout. Ran one for a couple of years and would buy another one in a heartbeat. Make sure the transom is solid and walk around in it I have seen a couple with soft floors near the floor drain.

10. Member
    Thank you guys you have been very helpful. I dont know of a better outlet than BBC when you need info about boats or all things fishing.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9