LDraper

Difference between FX 250 and ZX 250 2016

Looking at a 2016 ZX 250...what would the difference been between a FX and a ZX 250?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Just bells and whistles, ZX has analog gauges and rocker switches. FX had digital gauges and touch pad switching. FX is more custom with stainless latches and also fiberglass trailer fenders. I added The Yamaha interface to my Lowrance so I get all the engine data on that. I love my ZX and saved thousands, added another HDS 9 to the console (dual hds 9's at console) and added a second power pole too and still saved a lot of cash over the FX. Food for thought....

I do like the zx a ton... Only thing I like in the fx over the zx is the livewells... Two separate tanks vs the one. Skeeter knows what they are doing with this system but i was spoiled to a bumble bee live well for years... very large and very deep...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    2016 FX and 2016 Zx very different boat in terms of design and layout.

What differences are you speaking of??

The newer fx boats as far as just the deck layout are similar to my '15 zx250... Now the gages and dash components are not but just the front deck compartment layout that I like so much is....there are a lot of differences but the things I like are very close to the same....I don't like the touchpads in the fx models at all...I like the digital gages though...I like the higher end trim and latches. Higher end graphs now, blades instead of series 2s I think.... Look on the website, it'll give you detailed description of options for zx vs fx....

Jonathan Hillstrand

More padded deck on fx
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. LDraper
    Thanks for all the answers! I'll be going from a G3 Sportsman 17 so it will be a nice step up if I decide to make the leap. Mainly just wanted to know the differences to fill my mind with more knowledge. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    2016 FX and 2016 Zx very different boat in terms of design and layout.
    Not really.... the ZX250 is longer than an FX20 but the deck layout is pretty much identical. The FX20 is 2" longer than a ZX225 but the layout is pretty much identical. You get touch pads on FX and rocker switches on ZX (which cost $3 to place when one goes bad) You get stainless latches on FX but you can replace the ones on the ZX with stainless. (Just like I did) You get a little fancier seats a separate livewells. You get fiberglass fenders on the FX trailer. As far as the boat.... Pretty much the same except for shiny stuff and more expensive stuff to fix on the FX

9. Member
    padded deck +++

separate livewells +++

better seating +++

all the rest is smoke & mirrors

Layout be front is a little different with the one big center lid on the fx that I really like compared to the double lids on the zx.... There's a little difference..... Best thing to do is to compare on the webpage. . See what you like....

Jonathan Hillstrand

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    padded deck +++

separate livewells +++

better seating +++

all the rest is smoke & mirrors
    There is Padded deck on the ZX 250, seating is fancier not sure how much better they are in the seat of pants feel when ridding?

Only difference in the deck is the fx padding covers the entire front...lockers and compartments....zx only covers very front in front of the lockers and compartments.... Area up nearest where you'll be standing.... And I to wonder about the seating....I haven't seen much difference in fx or zx seating other than colors and design...can't tell it sits any different...

Jonathan Hillstrand

13. Member
    There is some info floating around already as above. 2017 FX line is the more design and layout to the 2016 Zx. 2016 fx design and layout is more towards the classic and older Skeeter layout and design with dual rear tanks, dual seperate livewells, two center storage compartments. Then features (bells & whistles) also change.

14. Member
    Just traded a 2005 ZX 250 in on a 2018 FX21.So after 13 years in ZX there is no comparison more room completely different ride best choice I ever made well worth extra money only thing I dont like is the one access lid in he rear.And think the lower speed isssue can be fixed with pop work and HJP seems very minimal.

Those two side panels on the back come off very easily to make easier access of getting in the battery compartment/bilge area...

Jonathan Hillstrand