Z19 Consideration

I am considering a 2017 Z19. What is good and bad about a Z19 boat. What do you wish was different on this Boat? I am not bashing anything just want to ensure I understand the boat. It has a 200 Optimax. I currently have a Triton Tr196 with a 200 Optimax.

Thanks

Very similar Rigs, what do you not like about the TR196...? If you would like a test drive, let me know... We are pretty close...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    I've owned a Z19 with 200 Pro XS for over a year. I like the quick hole shot, big front deck and storage. You can mount a 12" screen in-dash on both front and back. It fishes and rides in the wind much, much better than my old Z-7. The live wells are roomy and the aerators and oxigenators perform great in tournaments.

Bad points are few but here they are: The fenders on my dual-axle trailer are flimsy. The oil tank is tucked away and difficult to fill. The top speed is 67-68, below what they touted. The front storage compartments leak a little in the rain.

My buddy has a comparable Phoenix. He paid $4700 more and has a nicer trailer and a little more top speed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Very similar Rigs, what do you not like about the TR196...? If you would like a test drive, let me know... We are pretty close...
    My Triton is an 2007. I am just thinking about an upgrade.

5. Member
    I'd take KCLOST up on the test ride - see if you like it......no harm no foul if not. My next boat is going to be a 19 footer with a 200 - wont be for a while (otherwise I'd be looking real hard at that one) Sorry, I'm an idiot, I meant greens1098 sale duh!! or actually kclosts......both are beautiful boats..
    Last edited by gwurzel; 10-19-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Idiocy!!!!
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

Lol..... Thanks gwurzel, I guess???

The boat is awesome... As mentioned by Chitterling, huge front deck, Rod storage is huge, and also for tackle in the front box. Of the boats I have owned, Ranger, Triton, Stratos, I always thought that Triton had the best live wells. That was from real life comparison of each, but now my Nitro is right up there with the Triton at the top. I get hurt every time I try to get fish out of them, they are that lively! Only my Triton TR20 did that. Very comparable pumps, live well sizes, and oxygenators, I guess.

The boat is easier to drive than my Triton TR20 and Stratos 200xl was, they did have a 225 hp motor though and were 5-6 mph faster. I would honestly say that it handles rougher water comparable to both of them. A good thing considering it is about an 8" shorter boat. I don't know how a TR196 compares, but I imagine it is a chine walker like the TR20. The Z19 is like night and day, especially with a partner on board.. Hole shot is second to none, and I am running a 25P prop, compared to most that run a 24P. Don't know why some are rigged differently.

Top speed is 70 gps by myself and about 65-66 with my fishing partner and the boat fully loaded.
    It fishes extremely well, I love the front deck, shorter gunnels, very dry in rough waves. Plenty of room for buddy tournaments.

My only real complaint, was something I was aware of before I bought the boat and fairly minor in retrospect. There was no center storage box option for between the seats like my previous boats had. I had to have that.... So I ordered and installed one that was made by BassCat... Now my problem is solved and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

In response to Chitterling, the fenders are a little weak but support me just fine-honestly, I have remote oil fill so no problem there, and I have seen a little water leakage in the driver side rod box only, but only while trailering without a cover in the rain not while fishing

I will be up at Smithville on Saturday. Give me a call you would like to meet me up there somewhere to take a look at it (Burtons Bait and Tackle maybe?). We can also take it on the water if you like.

Layton
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

7. Member
    Lol, sorry fella, got halfway through, forgot what the hell I was on about........hence the reason for editing being idiocy.....

I'd buy yours or greens boat just for the record......if I had the fundage...
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

8. Member
    Just don't buy the black and green z19 color combo. The painter from the factory should be fired.

9. Member
    I also have a 2017 Z19. Overall I love it. The only other thing not mentioned above as far as dislikes goes, is the spare tire on the trailer is next to impossible to get off. Luckily I noticed this before needing to use it. I had to cut the J bolt just to get the tire off. I replaced this with a U bolt and put a lock on to secure the spare.
    2017 Nitro Z-19