Thread: color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

color

Does Allison offer lots of colors? I was under the impression your choices were limited. The reason im asking on the way home from Florida Monday i was around Cullman and seen an Allison i think it was 2002 but it was a really pretty teal flake and white boat and that was the first time i have ever seen one that color.

2. Member
    I think they will build a boat any color you want. No flake. When you start talking Black well Nancy starts to get a little nervous.

3. Member
    If it had flake it wasn't an Allison or someone sprayed new gel.

4. Member
    I figured somebody had it resprayed because i never seen one that color but it looked great!!!!!The only other flake one i have seen was a guy on fastbass had it a few years ago it looked great too!!

Never seen or heard of one with flake.

I'm sure someone has done flake to an Allison or two..
    Was told they would do any color on the top cap you wanted -- just no flake and no black hulls !
    Had to do some fast talking with Nancy when ordering this boat just to get a yellow hull !! At that time Darris said there would be no more dark hulls -- even quit doing red hulls for some time. Since then he has done a few more red hulls but no black.

7. Member
    A couple of years ago I was thinking about ordering a new boat. I called and asked all the important questions like basic colors, custom colors etc. At that time there was a $2K up-charge for getting any boat with custom colors and only some colors would be acceptable. The current time to get a boat built is about 3 months. Add another 6-8 weeks for a custom color. That is what I am told anyway. I'd agree no flake is ever going on a boat as long as Darris is alive and able to kill anybody that does it in the factory. LOL

8. Member
    Over the years I've read about a few people trying to get Darris to build a black boat & it always ended the same way

I remember several years ago that someone restored an Allison with flake, it was a unique boat for sure.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

9. Member
    I wanted a black hull Nancy talked me out of it and I am glad she did. About two weeks after I picked mine up there was a black hull that roiled out of there. It looked fantastic.

10. Member
    Theres a black hull xb21 on there face book page..its black and blue..you have to scroll down a ways but its there.

black hull belongs to johnathon bowling. he a local fisherman around here. really nice boat, we run around watts bar together when he's not got a tournament
    xb-21 prosport 225 pro xs

12. Member
    Skewby’s long lost brother Jonathon

lol, most of them at the factory swear, especially nancy thought we were brothers

14. Member
    Dang Skewby! Good to hear you are alive and kicking. Been a while brother! Still sporting that ProSport?

you to johnny, i'm on here reading daily, i just don't post much. was glad to see you got you another ally, now i see you sold it??? your going to have to just come to tennessee and order you a new one. that way we can meet up so i can buy you that supper i owe you. and yes sir the prosport will not be leaving watts bar.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by skewby View Post
    you to johnny, i'm on here reading daily, i just don't post much. was glad to see you got you another ally, now i see you sold it??? your going to have to just come to tennessee and order you a new one. that way we can meet up so i can buy you that supper i owe you. and yes sir the prosport will not be leaving watts bar.
    He has a shiny new kayak on the way
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

i hope hope more than a kayak lol

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I'm sure someone has done flake to an Allison or two..
    Was told they would do any color on the top cap you wanted -- just no flake and no black hulls !
    Had to do some fast talking with Nancy when ordering this boat just to get a yellow hull !! At that time Darris said there would be no more dark hulls -- even quit doing red hulls for some time. Since then he has done a few more red hulls but no black.
    Just curious, why no black (or dark) hulls?
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Was (told)--- dark colors especially black absorbed to much heat and could cause issues with the hull.
    Also told there would never be factory hydraulic steering on one--- Dealer told me there would never be a 3ltr / heavy weight motor mounted on a 2003 by an Allison dealer or Darris would pull there dealership.

guess there is some truth to the saying (never say never) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Was (told)--- dark colors especially black absorbed to much heat and could cause issues with the hull.
    Also told there would never be factory hydraulic steering on one--- Dealer told me there would never be a 3ltr / heavy weight motor mounted on a 2003 by an Allison dealer or Darris would pull there dealership.

guess there is some truth to the saying (never say never) !!!
    Interesting. Wonder what the issues were/are? I like black hulls, never thought about potential differences besides black seems easier to keep clean haha
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast