Smart craft monitor, Merc monitor, vessel view

I’ve had the regular smart craft monitor and the Merc monitor (with eco screen) before but the vessel view mobile looks interesting.

Im not sure how long it’s been out, I’ve been running a Yamaha for the last couple years so I haven’t kept up with Merc tech.

What are you guys running, anyone using vessel view mobile?
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

2. Member
    If you upgrade, let me know if you sell the merc monitor. I have regular smartcraft and would be interested

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    If you upgrade, let me know if you sell the merc monitor. I have regular smartcraft and would be interested
    I don't have a Merc monitor any more, had it on a previous boat. I'm trying to pick up a new to me boat and i think it has the regular SmartCraft monitor so I was trying to decide between replacing it with the Merc monitor or vessel view mobile.

From what I have seen and read, I believe everyone is going with the merc monitor. It is only a little bit more money and has more features. I think the vessel view is $2-300 and I don't think it does max speed recall with rpm. Maybe someone using it will let us know. This is on my 2018 project radar. So I'm interested as well. I played with the merc monitor in Tim's boat. I really liked it. Much better than the basic one I have. I guess in summary I would figure out what features you want and see if it has the capability.

Most of the information I have found is in the Mercury forum of this board. Several people switched to it when it first came out.
    Last edited by River Rocket; 10-19-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    I did some reading on it over in the Mercury forum but I haven't had time to really dig into it.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I prefer the Merc Monitor...ive lost enough phones in the river as it is.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0