Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Roboworm Ned worm

I’m really looking forward to trying these soon. Robo makes some of the coolest colors and happy to see more options for the Ned rig.

I'm with you on this!!!

So looking forward to getting these into my arsenal.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

3. Member

4. Member
    COOL!! That Elaztec stuff pisses me off at times, it'll do some crazy twists and coils when you catch one and I can hardly ever get it back right.

5. Member
    hope it floats as well as elastec or it wont be the same

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    COOL!! That Elaztec stuff pisses me off at times, it'll do some crazy twists and coils when you catch one and I can hardly ever get it back right.
    x1

7. Member
    I like the elaztec myself. I remove the holders on the hooks and superglue them on. No more funky twists.

However, I want me some of these in a bad way.

8. Banned
    Keep It Simple Guys... KISG... Not as catchy as the original phrase but it's the simplicity of the Ned's Rig is that catches the fish... Dan

The Elaztec is a main factor in the bait working the way it does.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    The Elaztec is a main factor in the bait working the way it does.
    Agreed
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

11. Member
    I still believe the ned rig is a system and the very key component is the elaztec. The second key is a small hook and as light of a jig head as you can possibly use for the situation. To me the ned rig isn't just any 3 inch piece of plastic and a 1/0 hook in a jig head. Will that catch fish? Sure it will, will it catch fish like a true ned rig with the elaztec? not a chance. A half of a zinker z on a 1/16th jig head will catch more fish than any bass lure I think on the planet and all sizes, catches plenty of smaller fish but it will sure catch big ones to. Also as a guy that has used the ned for along time before it became "cool" I think the ZinkerZ cut in half is still better than their TRD. I don't believe the TRD has the same properties and actions as a half a ZinkerZ.

12. Member
    I do like the Elaztec but it has a way of pissing me off when it does the funky things it does once you catch a fish. I deal with it but sometimes you look at the aftermath and think "How in the hell did this happen" and then you have to figure out how to straighten it out.

I want those for a drop shot
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

14. huskyjerk
    Ned used 1/2 senkos for years and that worked just as well...

Wonder when TW will have these?

Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    Ned used 1/2 senkos for years and that worked just as well...
    Really? Has he told you that personally?
    Yes, 1/2 Senkos and Dingers did catch fish for us, but I remember him describing ElaZtech as a "Renaissance," his word for game-changer.
    I don't want to start an argument, but I know him well, and I believe this is false.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    Really? Has he told you that personally?
    Yes, 1/2 Senkos and Dingers did catch fish for us, but I remember him describing ElaZtech as a "Renaissance," his word for game-changer.
    I don't want to start an argument, but I know him well, and I believe this is false.
    Do you (or Ned) prefer the Finesse TRD, Big TRD, or the Zinkerz cut in half?

18. Member
    Roboworms float well, so I doubt there will be much difference in action between Z-Man and a Roboworm.

Do you (or Ned) prefer the Finesse TRD, Big TRD, or the Zinkerz cut in half?
    That's a tough one, honestly. I'm not sure that Ned has a favorite. He simply fishes a variety of baits, colors and retrieves on any given day, and reports where and how he caught them. It's very scientific. The Big TRD doesn't really fit his goal of catching 25 bass per hour. If I had to guess his four most successful baits, it would be the ZinkerZ, 4" Finesse WormZ, Finesse ShadZ, and the Rain MinnowZ (discontinued sadly).

As for me, the Finesse TRD has caught me a bunch of fish since it came out, but the ZinkerZ cut in half has caught untold numbers over the years. It's hard to pick which one I prefer because they both work really well. But they do have differences, so it really comes down to personal preference. First, obviously the ZinkerZ was designed as a Senko type bait, so it's about 40% salt (if I remember correctly). The salt obviously overcomes the natural buoyancy of the ElaZtech plastic so its sinks slowly like any good stickbait. When Ned started cutting them in half and fishing them on a jighead, he discovered that the ZinkerZ seemed to work better once he'd caught 10 or 20 fish on one. The fish's teeth and the fight scraped and knocked some salt out, plus some salt probably dissolved in the water. In short, the bait became softer and more buoyant, and more appealing to the fish. The Finesse TRD was designed with about half the salt as the ZinkerZ, so it replicates the buoyancy of a well-broken in ZinkerZ, right out of the package. Now, a good and beat-up ZinkerZ is going to be slightly softer than a Finesse TRD, just because of the voids left where the salt was. It becomes almost like a sponge with little pockets left behind. The ZinkerZ will also change hues, as I'm sure you've noticed. Ex: A green pumpkin color will turn slightly paler, like a dark pea-green. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Some days it seems to, others not.

Back to the wall, if I had to pick one, it would be the ZinkerZ just because of the number of colors available. I have a couple favorites that aren't offered in the Finesse TRD. (on a side note, an old favorite discontinued ZinkerZ color called clear/silver flake actually came back in the Finesse TRD as White Lightning. Killer in late fall/winter with a red head.)

As for the Big TRD, it's situational for me because its designed for bigger fish, or to simply weed out the dinks and panfish. I've started throwing the Big TRD more in tournaments, but day in, day out, I'll throw the Finesse TRD or ZinkerZ.

20. Member
    One thing that I've always wondered, is the side with the bumps on the Finesse TRD the head or tail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast