2003 Triton TR19 Transducer Question - Really need some insight!

So I've had my broadband/2d Lowrance Skimmer transducer mounted as pictured since I got the boat (came like that). I could get a solid read up to around 50mph. About a month ago the moment I get on pad my signal disappears and it is not reading the bottom at all. I installed a new backup transducer I had to test whether it was just the ducer to no avail. It scans just find when idling and I've also toyed with sensitivity and ping speeds without success as well. I feel like I've done my due diligence so now i'm here. Questions: Any suggestions or like experiences/solutions? How/where do you have your broadband skimmer transducer mounted to get a read on pad? Any advice will go along way as I have no idea what's changed.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I don't know how it worked before because it's above the pad of the boat and can't make contact with the water. You have to shoot through the hull or mount it so it's in the water because they won't read through air.

like stated above, needs to be shoot through the hull to read on plane. you sure there was never one in the bilge before?
    by the way, your videos are awesome.

Am I seeing 4 total transducers mounted back there ?... I know I see 4 mounts. You need to get in the bilge and see if you have a 2d transducer epoxied on the pad, if not you need to install a new puck style. The LSS1 or 2 won't read moving above idle anyway. It isn't easy to get to a comfortable working position with the engine in the way but it's something you'll have to do.

Wouldn't be a bad thing to check all your livewell pumps and bilge pumps.

5. Member
    Pull the plate over the bilge area and look on the passenger side and I'll bet there is an old one glued to the hull in there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Pull the plate over the bilge area and look on the passenger side and I'll bet there is an old one glued to the hull in there.
    This
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

7. Member
    Having the same problem. Mine sometimes works sometimes doesn't. May just buy a new skimmer and mount on back
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS