Upgraded spinning rod for weightless plastic dock skipping

I currently use a St Croix Mojo 6'8" spinning rod for skipping weightless plastics under docks. I love that rod, but I want to upgrade this Christmas.

I was looking at the $260 St Croix Legend Tournament 6' 8" spinning rod. I have never held this rod, but it has the same specs as the Mojo series.

A couple weeks ago, I was talking to a guy at the ramp who is moving to all Lews rods. He said he loves them and for the money, they are a great value.

Lews has a 6'11" Dock Sniper rod that looks good on paper. The MRSP is $220.

I need a rod that can both make short and long skip casts. On Chautauqua, as the season progresses, bass hold very shallow on the first couple dock sections from shore. That means long casts as the water is too shallow to get close.
    I normally throw 5" unweighted worms.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these rods? Would love to hear some comments. Budget max is $300. Thanks to all who comment.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

2. Member
    Personally I have not used any of Lews rod offerings but it's hard to go wrong with a lews product, I have used the Mojo bass rod you are currently using and the legend tournament is an upgrade for sure .
    another option you might look into is an offering from quantum , Tackle direct has a EXO Tour 6'10" MH extra fast for 169.99 that in my opinion is a sleeper rod series , it weighs 3.2 oz. & has Fuji SIC guides , these rods were originally 249.00 retail
    and even though I own other high end megabass , Loomis and custom rods I will not part with the 2 models from this series that I own , just my 2 cents .

On a side note I do have a shorter than stock (was 6'8") M XF version of this rod for sale cheap that I broke 4" off through my own stupidity the 2nd time I used it (made me sick when I did it too), I replaced the tip with a matching Fuji SIC tip and now it's 6'4" med with what I would call fast action that works very well for dock skipping senko's . other than being short it's in excellent condition . Pm if you have any interest

3. Member
    There is also a 5'10" Legend Tournament rod designed just for skipping purposes

Quote Originally Posted by DrBobinMO View Post
    There is also a 5'10" Legend Tournament rod designed just for skipping purposes
    I have one of these.. its pretty sweet. I would sell mine as I use a bait caster to skip with now .. never comes out of rod box ..