Banned

early 2000's ChampioN 193 w/ 200

Anyone have one? Would like to hear pro's and cons please. Thanks!

2. Member
    I had a 2005. Mid 60's boat, good ride, and pretty decent storage.

I had a 2001 with a 200 opti and it ran like a spotted ape. Could run 70 gps fully loaded and was incredible out of the hole. Two people could fish comfortably all day long. Great performance and fishing capability out of a mid size boat. If you find a clean one, don't hesitate.

4. Member
    Fished Pickwick in mine yesterday. 2000 model 193 with Yamaha. Rides good and runs great for what it is. It's a good choice in a mid size boat. I got into some monster waves with it yesterday for Pickwick and it got me home. Hole shot is super fast,top speed depends on how it is loaded. May take all the heavy tackle and casting seats out one day,just to see what speed is possible. Depending on set up and prop, mine has clocked 74.3 on GPS. 2 people at 400 ish, 1/2 tank of fuel and livewells empty. It spends most of it's time between 45 and 55 mph.

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That performance is worthy of bragging!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    That performance is worthy of bragging!!!
    Not really bragging about it at all. It's just a good boat. Since then I have added power poles so that may have slowed it a couple mph,but also since then I added a Stage 1 kit. Don't know top speed now,but when you step on it,you can tell she's a different animal! Hydra-Tec said I would spin my current props to the moon.(as he laughed) Took it to 63 mph yesterday just once @ 4850 rpm. Lots of pedal left. One day after I get through this I got to have my year old hip replaced deal,when feeling spunky, I'll find out. Drove Allison's the last 20 years,so maybe it won't scare me too bad. Although I have very little need to go 90 or faster any more.Getting old it seems!

I have a 2000 193 w/200 Merc EFI. I wanted a clean 19fter with a 200hp for a long time, and I looked for a couple years. Had a couple other boats in between but this one is perfect for the water I fish, not to big and not to small. Good hole shot and runs close to mid 60's with me a partner and our gear. Best I have seen out of it with just me and about 1/4 tank of gas was 69.4 gps but I rarely crank it up that much - there may be a little more speed there. Decent storage, my one complaint is the space between the consoles is tight, which is a common complaint for the narrow body Champs.
    ReelBigJ
    2000 Champion 193
    200 Mercury EFI

Had a 2000 model, very good running boat, mine was set up with a 200 Yamaha Vmax OX best I saw was right at 71 mph. Miss that boat.....

9. Member
    Miss that boat! That is why I will never willingly let mine go. Natural disaster or an accident is what it will take. Will some day buy a New Charger/Champion 210.But i will just have 2 boats. I may be dreaming about a new 210,but won't rule it out just yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybee193 View Post
    Had a 2000 model, very good running boat, mine was set up with a 200 Yamaha Vmax OX best I saw was right at 71 mph. Miss that boat.....

10. Member
    I have a 2001 Champion 193 w/ Johnson 200, lots of extras, electronics, etc. It is up for sale... please pm with any questions. Thanks, Steve.

11. Banned
    thanks everyone, have decided I want something wider with bigger deck space like a 206. The search continues. Also looking at a 210 too.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJfrank View Post
    thanks everyone, have decided I want something wider with bigger deck space like a 206. The search continues. Also looking at a 210 too.

Are you on Facebook, lots of 206’s there.

13. Banned
    Is there a certain page?

14. Banned
    There are several of them, I think I joined 4. These guys have found all kinds of different ways to have Champion boat pages. You’ll have to request to join all of them. Luckily for you it seems most of the 206’s are in Texas. Really sharp one on there now, I can’t link it because you won’t be able to see it.

I tried to send you a pm but it screwed up. Text me your phone number and I’ll shoot you a screenshot of the page and boat. Mike 210-325-6234
    Last edited by grout-scout; 10-30-2017 at 09:13 PM.