Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    I really thought about 2WD vs 4 WD. I stuck with the two wheel for two reasons: 1. Live in Florida and the highest point I think is 80 FT; 2. I don't off-road or anything. Survived with 2 WD for a long time so that extra cash was not worth it. I would love to have it but that is life.
    I hear ya on that. I made do with a couple of 2WD trucks and a tow strap in the back for several years. After finally getting a 4WD, I don't think I could ever go back. Definitely some good deals to be had on 2WD trucks, it's amazing how much that influences the price.

Nice truck....congrats!!!
    I too am interested in 1794's meaning
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    My son works as an Engineer for Yota. He bought a new 15 model. What I like about it is the simplicity also. Heavy brakes,bullet proof trans, No cylinder cancellation, No hair driers to break,and plenty of towing ability. I have always been a Chevy guy,but Would own one in a heartbeat if I was really needing a new truck. The other trucks are nice and get better fuel economy. But while towing they all suck fuel and for me,that's what mine will do most of the time. That 1794 edition looks great and it is named that for something about Texas winning it's freedom as a republic,or something to that nature.At least that is what the salesperson at Toyota told us.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I hear ya on that. I made do with a couple of 2WD trucks and a tow strap in the back for several years. After finally getting a 4WD, I don't think I could ever go back. Definitely some good deals to be had on 2WD trucks, it's amazing how much that influences the price.
    For me, 4WD is rarely necessary. Maybe just a few times a year, but during those times it is worth it's weight in gold. Typically deer or duck season on muddy backroads, or during the occasional snow. I will always own a 4WD for those reasons, but 2WD trucks these days are 100% capable as long as the driver has some common sense... Nice truck OP!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    That 1794 edition looks great and it is named that for something about Texas winning it's freedom as a republic,or something to that nature.At least that is what the salesperson at Toyota told us.
    I knew it had something to do with Texas but couldn't remember the rest. I had to Google it.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyot...-drive-review/

The 1794 Edition might be the most Texan of all Tundra models—it’s named for the year the JLC Ranch, the site of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, was founded.

This version popped up first, but wasn't right, but it is funny:
    http://oppositelock.kinja.com/the-hi...ion-1504793987

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    For me, 4WD is rarely necessary. Maybe just a few times a year, but during those times it is worth it's weight in gold. Typically deer or duck season on muddy backroads, or during the occasional snow. I will always own a 4WD for those reasons, but 2WD trucks these days are 100% capable as long as the driver has some common sense... Nice truck OP!

7. Member
    I have a 2015 Tundra. 39,000 miles. Came out of Fords/Chevys. Will not own another Ford/Chevy unless Toyota screws up the Tundra. The ONLY downside to the Tundra has been the fuel economy. Flat out SUCKS. But, didn't buy it for fuel economy I bought it for towing and when I want it to go, it better get up and go. It does that nicely!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatSC View Post
    I have a 2015 Tundra. 39,000 miles. Came out of Fords/Chevys. Will not own another Ford/Chevy unless Toyota screws up the Tundra. The ONLY downside to the Tundra has been the fuel economy. Flat out SUCKS. But, didn't buy it for fuel economy I bought it for towing and when I want it to go, it better get up and go. It does that nicely!
    Can't be any worse than my Titan. 15 on a good, mostly 14 or so. But like you said, we didn't buy them for economy.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

9. Member
    I missed the push button start, heated steering wheel, and all those creature comforts LOL. I LOVE the seats in the Platinum. I'll drive the Black Edition Ridgeline for 50 or 60,000 miles then make the decision to stay with this size or go back to a full size. I've went back and forth a few times over the years. The little trucks do everything I need a truck to do. They just aren't comfortable, The Ridgeline fits the comfort bill. Now, if only I can be happy with it like I was the 5.5 years I owned my Avalanche. The ONLY reason I got rid of my Avalance is because at the time I really needed 4WD. I'll never buy another 2WD truck. Don't need it much but when you do, you DO!

The 1794 and Platinum are a matter of preference. Both are loaded up. I love that color of seat. But, they tend to stain over time and Yoter went with that brush material in the bolsters which tend to wear faster than any other part of the seat when you get in and out. Their auto start system stinks and I don;'t like getting a key out of my pocket. I know that's nit picky! Our Runner had the push button system and never had a problem out of in the seven years we owned it.

My Tundra and my 08 Avalanche were dead on the same overall MPG.

If you got 14 out of the Avalanche you should get that easily out of the Tundra...ENJOY!!

"The 1794 Edition is named after the date of the founding of the ranch where Toyota built the San Antonio plant. Among its unique features are saddle-brown premium leather seats, with embossed-leather and suede accents; and a four-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood-grain accents."

I looked at the same exact model except 4wd and the bronze color of the 1794 edition. Ended up in a Silverado High Country. If/When Toyota ever updates their trucks, I will look at them again. Small info screen, and the same controls I have in my 2002 LEXUS. I was also concerned about the suede inserts on the seats wearing prematurely. MPG wasn't a major concern but not towing, I am getting 22 and I may end up using the truck as my daily driver so the MPG difference was noticeable. I am getting 18 towing. Price wise after my dealing they were $1,000 apart with the Tundra being cheaper. If the dealership had been less rude, I may have been persuaded but they were total asses.

11. Moderator
    That's a sharp ride for sure

Nice truck, congratulations and enjoy! I like my Tundra a lot...

13. Member
    That's pretty much the same reasons I bought my first Tundra, a 17 Limited in March. I really don't care about all the other "creature comforts" other models have. Even the top tier 1794 and Platinum (same options on both just aesthetic differences). I bought a truck and I want it to be a truck, I got the Limited for the heated seats and so my wife could have power passenger seats otherwise I probably would've bought a SR5 and had Katskin leather installed but gotta make the wife happy. As far as the high price of the other brands the knock so much off MSRP that equally equipped trucks come all come in about the same price once you negotiate, Toyota just doesn't inflate their MSRP like the others therefore they don't come off of it as much but like I said they are all bought about the same price. Enjoy it, I know I have hell I've got 11,000 miles on mine since March and that's just joy riding in my new truck and taking the boat to the lake every weekend which is only about a 60 mile round trip.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Yes sir, had 18 miles on it.
    I got $4,750 off MSRP on mine with 1.99% APR, is that about what you got?

15. Banned
    Enjoy your new truck.

16. Member
    48k for a 2 wheel drive is a steal?

17. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Congrats. You will never regret it. I have a 2013 Crewmax and it's been flawless

18. Member
    Currently in a 2016 Ford F350 king ranch diesel and I wish I would have stayed in my 2015 tundra platinum. That truck was amazing next year I will be switching back.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    thats what I was thinking.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    Have you seen Fords pricing on an F150 loaded up with the Platinum package?
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast