EHTERNET ON A FX20LE

Trouble shooting a problem with my HDS 3 units. When i look at the device list I do not see the other unit from either. There is a NMEA network but does the FX 20 come with Ethernet as well? I THINK in order to pull data from the other unit there has to be ethernet connections? At least that is what I can find out searching the net. 2016 Model BTW.
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Is your nmea network powered up when you are looking at the device list? What data are looking to pull from ethernet? Ethernet stuff will not show up on the device list, only N2k sensors.........N2k and ethernet do separate stuff. If you don't have ethernet I'd suggest adding it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    These unit is are connected via Ethernet. I think something is wrong internal to the 9. Can no longer get to networked sonar or anything else for that matter
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Has the network option been turned off??? Are you still able to share maps?

5. Member
    Cant share anything. Network is turned on. Auto config doesnt refresh what the units see. Switched NMEA cables last night and that didnt help. Guess I will send it back. Warranty is still good.
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I should have been clear on my previous post.....the N2k network needs power, typically installers/mfg's connect the n2k power node to a aux switch on the dash.....could it be that the aux switch is not one?? Also there will be a fuse for the power node, can check that also.....

Was it working before???

7. Member
    2016 FX did not come with a NEMA Network. The digital gauge takes its readings from the NEMA network from the engine. There is an Ethernet cable between the 2 graphs.

8. Member
    Mine has the N2K as I had the dealer install it along with 3D. Troubleshooting has lead to a bad unit in the HDS3 -9. Diagnostics showed the bus was off and there are 250+ error messages, which is way outside normal. Tried another cable to no changes. Unit also will not turn off and the screen changes on its own. Good part is Lowrance has sent a replacement under warranty (with a deposit untill they receive the old one).
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE