East Broad Top Railroad, Rockhill, PA

This was my third visit to East Broad Top. There is so much to see and photograph.
    Here are only a few I took this past Sunday. Curt

Really like that 3rd one. The rails beg your eyes to move up the image. Beautiful!

3. Member
    Thanks Tom! The fourth photo show a Civil War era switch, where the switch moves the rails. Notice the blunt ends on the rails, not tapered. We were told that there are very few of these left.

4. Member
    Very nice. Thank you for posting.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

looks like Paintings instead of Photos..great camera pics I could never achieve that kind of pics with my old Kodak 110 haha

6. Member
    Those are great pics. The exposure in the 2nd shot is amazing. Can you tell us what camera/lens/exposure etc?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdeepv View Post
    Those are great pics. The exposure in the 2nd shot is amazing. Can you tell us what camera/lens/exposure etc?
    Camera Canon 5DIV, Lens Canon EF24-70L f2.8 II, Tripod RRS TVC-34L with BH-55 Ballhead and RRS L-bracket
    HDR Shot using 7 bracketed exposures at 1 stop increments, Center exposure was IOS 400 f16 at 0.5 seconds, Focal Length 30mm
    Software Lightroom CC using Photomatix Pro5 Plugin to merge the 7 bracketed exposures then back to Lightroom for final adjustments
    I think I got most of it! lol
    Curt

8. Member
    Real nice images. I like the last one the best. Those branches overhanging in the 3rd image are a bit of a distraction and I don't think they add much to the image. Thanks for posting and the explanation of how you did it in the previous post.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Wilke View Post
    Camera Canon 5DIV, Lens Canon EF24-70L f2.8 II, Tripod RRS TVC-34L with BH-55 Ballhead and RRS L-bracket
    HDR Shot using 7 bracketed exposures at 1 stop increments, Center exposure was IOS 400 f16 at 0.5 seconds, Focal Length 30mm
    Software Lightroom CC using Photomatix Pro5 Plugin to merge the 7 bracketed exposures then back to Lightroom for final adjustments
    I think I got most of it! lol
    Curt
    I thought it may have been an stepped HDR shot. Either way its a great shot!! How do you like that BH-55 Ballhead? Those are sweet but pricey!! I think my tripod and ball head was maybe 500 combined. Pleased with its sturdiness etc.

Its inspired me to pull out my gear and try and get some shots. thanks again for sharing.

10. Member
    Awesome !

11. Member
    I have both the BH-55 and the BH-40 ball heads. For long photo walks I use a RRS TVC-24L tripod with the BH-40 ball head and leveling base for reduced weight. For everything else I use the RRS TVC-34L with the BH-55 ball head and leveling base. Both setups work very well but the BH-55 Ball head is in a league by it's self. Very smooth to adjust with large diameter locking knobs and will support any camera/lens combo I use and then some. The leveling base allows you to level the ball head base instead of adjusting the tripod legs to achieve level. This reduces your setup time when taking Panos.