Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sorry jimbob kinda hijacked and blew up your post lol

2. Member
    The CLE lower is not a bad case for what he has and wants to do with it. I had
    my cle running in the area of mid 90s. You want to treat it like it is a sport master
    and raise the motor up to 1 1/2 above pad. Keep an eye on water pressure and
    make sure the boat sets level in the water. Drive it untill you are tired of it and then drive it
    that much longer.

3. Member
    Thanks guys for the advice & good words, I talked with Mr. Paul Nichols yesterday & he is a great guy to talk to provided me with some good information about how to get started. Please keep me informed on the prop when it arrives I m interested in the 28 if the guy is legit. But still interested in a 29 promax

Paul is the man. Youre gonna need like a 34 from those stroker guys with that gear

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Hello everyone i am new to bbc and new to own a bullet boat. I am looking for advice on a set up and prop selection. I have a 1991 20 vee and just purchaced a new 200 SHO for her. Have a 10 inch atlas hydraulic jack plate. Looking for advice on what prop i should get. It will come with a yamaha prop in what ever i choose in size diameter and pitch.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman5lber View Post
    Hello everyone i am new to bbc and new to own a bullet boat. I am looking for advice on a set up and prop selection. I have a 1991 20 vee and just purchaced a new 200 SHO for her. Have a 10 inch atlas hydraulic jack plate. Looking for advice on what prop i should get. It will come with a yamaha prop in what ever i choose in size diameter and pitch.
    welcome and that's sounds like it's going to be a cool boat
    i would recommend starting a new thread with your questions
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman5lber View Post
    You may want to start a new topic. Not many yamahas on bullets and being buried in here they may not see this

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    First send your ECU to HYDO TEC and have it flash to a 250/300 your choice.
    look at a 28/29/30 pitch prop because you are running 1.75 gears in your lower
    unit. If you do have ECU flash look into 32/34 pitch prop.

9. Member
    Got my prop. I would recommend doing business with the guy. He wants $250 + shipping for the 30 bravo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob68 View Post
    H
    Hello Guys & Gals! I have just purchased my first Bullet Boat & I'm hoping ya'll can give me some pointers on set up. I have a mint 1991 20 CC Bullet with a 1995 2.5 liter 200 with light modificatons to the injection system. It has a 2:1 20 in. CLE gear case . I'm having problems trying to find the right type & pitch prop. It has a 15 inch jack plate & the prop shaft is approx. 1 in below the bottom of the boat. I have tried a 28 & big ear chopper & a 30 small ear chopper & its turning about 7200 rpms which I think is too many for this motor. I have tried a 29 SRX also & 7000 RPM. I am considering going to a 1:87 gear case. I'm not trying to make a race boat out of it but would like to see mid 70 to 80 mph, am I dreaming? I would appreciate any suggestions, recommendations or comments as to tame this thing. Thanks for your time advice & suggestions! Happy & Safe boating!
    Not dreaming at all...shooting too low on your speed assumptions actually. Welcome to the Bullet world btw! You got a light (975-1025lb) and fine example of one too! I'm also running a 20cc but with Yamaha power currently. I used to run a Merc setup similar to yours however except 260hp and 1.87 gearing. You are very low on motor height at 1" below the pad with the CLE gearcase. You can immediately raise it to 1" above the pad as a good starting point...especially with that 15" jack plate. You can go up higher from there (up to 1" higher possibly) as you drive the boat and get feedback from it (water pressure and high speed drivability). The best prop for fishing and getting some speed is going to be a through hub (full belled) barrel style prop. With one of those style props properly pitched and proper motor height...82-83mph is reachable with a healthy running 200 2.5. And still holeshot and fish acceptably too. Paul is the man...I've learned alot about setup from studying his setups. Life jacket and kill switch always...be safe!

Would love to see some pics of that 20cc!
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12