Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I'm of the mindset that you shouldn't be so focused on the future that you overlook how great things are now. The future could totally suck, so enjoy all that you can now!
    We can't do both?
    Yes enjoy today
    Yes defend what we have
    Yes there will always be "Those People"

But we should always take a couple of seconds to dream and think "What if and why not"

Otherwise we all become cynical and fail to strive for a better future

Without dreamers asking those two questions we wouldn't have what we have today

That was the purpose of this thread to get people to stop and dream if only for a few seconds "wouldn't it be cool if…"

There are plenty of threads out there for all the cynical stuff

So if you can't stop for a couple of second and ask ourselves these two questions and find one positive thing than maybe it's time to adjust your meds!

So back to the original topic

How about crankbaits with a 360 camera

And I'll bet one day we will have 3D real time imaging of the bottom in full color HD
    Last edited by MichAngler; 10-18-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

With all the technology aiding fishermen in 40 years the name will change to bass catching. pre fishing will be a thing of the past.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

I think the next big thing is manufacturing improvement. Takes too long too build a boat, if u could reduce that by 50% costs would come down. And figure out a way to reduce warranty liability by using different materials or processes.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    This thread makes me want to go fishing

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I think the next big thing is manufacturing improvement. Takes too long too build a boat, if u could reduce that by 50% costs would come down. And figure out a way to reduce warranty liability by using different materials or processes.
    I highly doubt the costs to customers would come down. They already know a lot of consumers are willing to pay the high prices so why change that trend, they would be foolish to do so on their parts. If the manufacturing costs came down that would be good for the manufacturer but I don't see them passing that along to the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    How's that for dreaming Mich?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    How's that for dreaming Mich?
    I was just typing a response

And that's exactly the kind of thinking we need

And I think 5-dinks is correct the price won't drop or if it does it wouldn't be much

But this would allow them to add more goodies/bling and still keep the price point and profit
    "The handicapped angler"

Maybe a 3D Hologram projector mounted to the front of the boat and connected to the locator when using down imaging or side scan. Instead of looking down at my locator and trying to figure out where the fish are/were when the image was made, I'll be able to see a real time 3D image of the fish underwater. The alternative would be a pair of glasses that have the ability to see into the water about 10-15 feet making it look like the water isn't even there, you can see all the fish plane as day.

How about driving assist feature on the boat similar to what is available on many cars today which will help you avoid under water objects as well as oncoming traffic, all automatically.

The possibilities are endless.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    We can't do both?
    Yes enjoy today
    Yes defend what we have
    Yes there will always be "Those People"

But we should always take a couple of seconds to dream and think "What if and why not"

Otherwise we all become cynical and fail to strive for a better future

Without dreamers asking those two questions we wouldn't have what we have today

That was the purpose of this thread to get people to stop and dream if only for a few seconds "wouldn't it be cool if…"

There are plenty of threads out there for all the cynical stuff

So if you can't stop for a couple of second and ask ourselves these two questions and find one positive thing than maybe it's time to adjust your meds!

So back to the original topic

How about crankbaits with a 360 camera

And I'll bet one day we will have 3D real time imaging of the bottom in full color HD
    Sometimes things of the future aren't really a good thing.......I miss the early 90s when a man could go fish off-shore on a lake, use triangulation to find his spot, and not have to worry about some jackwaggon coming alongside and mashing a GPS button.

WTH would you want a crankbait with a 360 degree camera? Cheese and rice that sounds expensive, but it'd be like powerpoles I guess, you ain't cool unless you have one.

Fish locating/identifying system. Similiar to side scan but it will tell you the number of each and every species of fish as you go by, and since we are dreaming it will do that when you are running 60 mph down the lake. You program it for your target species, say identify areas with 10+ bass within 10 yards and waypoint them. Ride down the lake a few miles and then spend the day fishing the waypoints back to the ramp.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

11. Member
    I truly believe we will see boats that can launch and land themselves. We already have cars that parallel park themselves, why not a boat that couldn't unlatch itself from the trailer and go out into the water, but can return when you get to the dock after parking the truck. The same thing for landing the boat. Drop yourself off at the dock and then back trailer into the water as the boat guides itself onto the trailer and secures itself. I also think we will see autonomous boats. Punch in a GPS coordinate and the boat will drive itself there while you prep tackle or drink coffee.
    I think pro tournaments will evolve to a fully automated on board weigh in system. Catch the fish, drop it in the weigh in module so it can weigh, measure, and take a picture of your bass. All of this information will then be sent to the tournament director. The fish can then be returned to the water and the leader board will be updated in real time. It will be better for fish conservation, eliminate the expense of weigh ins, and set up perfectly for live bass tournaments on TV.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I think maybe the depth finder will be much improved, maybe where you can pick out each rock and weed below you. You can see the fish swimming. A HD TV type depth finder.
    Bass boat will be a steal at $80,000, that’s the low ball introductory type. Different type engines, like mentioned before hydrogen types.
    Lures that omit sound that will attract fish, like the hydro wave units we have now.
    Fishing rods made from something other than what we have now. You will feel the most subtle type movement.
    But whatever they come up with, I’ll still find it hard to catch them green dinks.
    Maybe I will use a new and legal stun pole to get me a few to float up to the top.

I can see built in bow thrusters and power poles .

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    I highly doubt the costs to customers would come down. They already know a lot of consumers are willing to pay the high prices so why change that trend, they would be foolish to do so on their parts. If the manufacturing costs came down that would be good for the manufacturer but I don't see them passing that along to the consumer.
    Reality s they are loosing customers.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

There was a thread last year about new sonar technology

And in there was a link to a video that showed a video screen that had what looked like a black and white TV version of mega imaging

Now I don't know if it was real or not but I'd like to think it was

It showed the shell of a B25 and fish swimming in and out of the shell just like you were watching TV

The transducer was the size of a large foot locker and had to be close to the object (10 or 20 feet)

But it doesn't take much to imagine a graph on the bow of your boat showing you this type of imaging in a few years

I just hope I'm still around to see it
    "The handicapped angler"

16. Banned
    Unless young folks get involved in fishing, it will probably die off. And, as was said before, there will probably be very few places to fish, and the places that are open will be very crowded. Probably will not have a need to go 70mph as there will be so many folks crowded into a small area. Sad, really.....

Bring back the 1240 Blue Water!

18. Member
    Boycotts, LLLOOOTS of boycotts.

Full length thru hull transducers for maximum bottom views. 36" flatscreen graphs that stow away like pop up cleats. Hydraulic jackplates built into the transom brackets of all outboards. Ultra lite props with oversized blades for maximum speeds.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Unless young folks get involved in fishing, it will probably die off. And, as was said before, there will probably be very few places to fish, and the places that are open will be very crowded. Probably will not have a need to go 70mph as there will be so many folks crowded into a small area. Sad, really.....
    Lord have mercy, have you seen some of these high school and college tourneys? I would say there are plenty of young folks getting involved in fishing to keep it from dying off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast