Thread: West Boggs

West Boggs

Thinking of making the 3 hour trek there mid week, not on weekend. I haven't fished there for 9 or more years, heard about the issues, draining a few times, etc. What can I expect if I go? Thanks, Mike

2. Member
    My buddy says lots of action but fish are still small from the draining and restocking a couple years ago.
    Basscat!

You can catch all the fish you want, but 99% of them are in the 12”-14” range. I did find one that went 5 lbs 7oz this pat Friday.

As mentioned small fish but you'll catch a load of them on about anything you throw.

5. Member
    Thanks, all!

6. Member
    I haven’t been to Boggs in years but a buddy and I may go this weekend , can anyone tell me about the ramp conditions and if they have curtesy docks?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I haven’t been to Boggs in years but a buddy and I may go this weekend , can anyone tell me about the ramp conditions and if they have curtesy docks?
    Their ramps are good. They have docks on both sides. The Amish restaurant on the lake is awesome. The blackberry cobbler is killer. lol
    Basscat!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Their ramps are good. They have docks on both sides. The Amish restaurant on the lake is awesome. The blackberry cobbler is killer. lol
    Thanks man, I’m gonna head up there Sunday!

9. Member
    Let us know how you do, water temp, etc. As said, you can get into trouble at the Amish buffet lol.

10. Member
    Amish restaurant was great the last time I was there

11. Member
    By "trouble", I meant eating too much...last time, I had to lay down for 15 minutes before fishing again.

12. Member
    Due to unexpected issues on Sunday I wasn't able to make it up to Boggs, so I hit Patoka since I live close...........had a couple that went around 3lbs per.........my fall vacation starts in a couple weeks, Ill get up to Boggs then for sure!
    Last edited by Thermodude; 10-24-2017 at 05:46 AM.

13. Member
    My son and I went up a couple times earlier this summer, Morning of the 4th of July and caught 57 in 5 hours. Most were in the 12" range went back a couple weeks later and caught 43, Had a great time catching them just small. We were catching most on Texas rigged

craws and caught a few on early morning frogs

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierpantera View Post
    My son and I went up a couple times earlier this summer, Morning of the 4th of July and caught 57 in 5 hours. Most were in the 12" range went back a couple weeks later and caught 43, Had a great time catching them just small. We were catching most on Texas rigged

craws and caught a few on early morning frogs
    Myself and a friend also went in July. We also caught 50-60 12-13 inchers. We even had one stretch were we caught a bass on 9 straight cast. 5 in a row for my friend and 4 in a row for me.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

15. Member
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke