Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Mr. Defoe won’t like that rule.
    I'm sure, he has spent some coin on that very nice setup.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

That does it! I was going to go pro but with this announcement, I've changed my mind!

(J/K of course)

3. dartag1829
    I was thinking what boat company would come out with a Tunnel Hull boat next year.

I like the idea of the No Pierce Cull Clip rule. As a tournament director we see lots of fish with the lower lip ripped out. Now if they would outlaw the pro's throwing all 5 fish on the floor to pick the smallest one. Does not look good on camera.

4. Member
    Break out the participation trophies. Bunch of damn crybabies

5. Member
    Rules banning equipment is a slippery slope. If they don't want people to run in those places, put up boundaries. Its that simple. Will they limit fast boats, lithium batteries? What about the innovations in sonar technology? Reels that cast longer distances? What about the radar used a while back? Hydraulic Jack Plates? Sight fishing glasses? Water guns with Dawn detergent? Power poles? My favorite to ban...spinning rods? On a real grassy lake, a MK trolling motor is an advantage. Where will it stop? Rules need to be basic, let innovation have its place. Its either that or let BASS bid out the boats every year and provide the exact equipment for everyone. That probably wouldn't work either, pretty soon they would have to add sandbags to the little guys boat to make it weight the same as the big guys. Its silly if you really think about it. These fishermen must really be a bunch of complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Je$us... Just tell them they have to use fiberglass hulls made by Ranger, Skeeter, Nitro, Triton, Phoenix, Blazer, Charger, Bullet, Bass Cat, ect... And engines made by Mercury, Yamaha, Evinrude, Suzuki, Honda... Prop made by... Fishing reels made by, Fishing rods made by... Lures made by... Line made by... Hats made by... Shirts made by... Pants made by... Underwear made by... Sunglasses made by... Dan
    This^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Next they will ban Bullet, Allison, and other go fast hulls because of unfair advantage being to fast.
    And Stroker.

They aren't mass produced so are they already illegal ?

8. bernieh
    Let's ban boats with more than 2 depth finders, Why do you need 3 and 4 screens, I think that offers an unfair advantage. What about "Spot Lock" trolling motors another unfair advantage where does it stop? The participation award crowd is getting involved. All of these things to level the playing field look what it's done to Nascar is our sport next?

If it saves the feelings of one Prostaffer by preventing him from being embarrassed at a weigh-in by a local, it's worth it.

If 95% of your business comes from guys using a traditional boat and they are getting beat by the 5% in special boats you better outlaw the special boats guys like b.a.s.s. did or else you're gonna lose half the traditional boat guys for those kind of tournaments.

11. Member
    Bad rule

12. Member
    Guess I'll never fish then from my custom built tunnel hull, stick steer, jet boat with 40 gallons self installed gas tank
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Didn't BASS already change the opens to where it is going to be cost and time prohibitive for many people to fish them?

14. Banned
    I listened to a Defoe interview and he talked about the lack of true steering with his boat, I'd imagine the rule is just for safety.

15. Member
    Why not just set proper map boundaries if worried about that? Who is more likely at this point to try and access some of these places in a traditional boat... sponsored professional or weekend warrior? Too many rules. Just go fish.

16. Member
    What about standard, mass produced jet/tunnel combos???

BASS is pathetic.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    If tunnel boats have advantage, why wouldn't all the pros use them... Its a crazy rule, doesn't make sense.

18. Banned
    So alluded to above, another new rule stating piercing cull clips are no longer allowed. Is that true and if so will that apply at the Federation levels as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    So alluded to above, another new rule stating piercing cull clips are no longer allowed. Is that true and if so will that apply at the Federation levels as well?
    We were not permitted to use them at the regionals this year.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

20. Member
    Really.....the only real loser here is the guys trying to make a living out of modifying boats or custom building them. As far as the fishermen... thats just one less thing to have sleepless nights over.

JMHO
    It's everything you learn after you know-it-all that really counts........

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast