trolling motor install help

Hi all, anyone ever replaced a trolling motor on a bass tracker? I have a pro 170, looking to upgrade to a Terrova. I just don't see where there's access to the bow underside for mounting. Any experiences, tricks or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    THANKS

2. Member
    The front carpeted panel should be easily removed, usually 6-8 screws hold it in. Also, Motorguide makes a mount isolator kit that might also work for you, all done from the top side. Search "Motorguide mount isolator kit"

3. Member
    Sorry ct0218, I never saw your response until now. Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

4. #FRB
    Did you ever get the trolling motor swapped? My big forearms got skinned up pretty bad when I replaced the one on my 175txw. Didn't help that the sun was beating down on me during summer.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    I have the 170 and put a new Terrova on last year. I ended up cutting the access hole behind the panel larger to make it easier to install and I also had to upgrade the wiring to 6 gauge which was a pain.

6. Member
    I just couldn't find enough information to be comfortable doing it myself. So I finally surrendered and hired a pro to do it for me. I would have screwed it up.