New Daiwa spinning reel?

Anyone have any experience with the new reels just out? I see the line capacities appear to be up quite a bit. A 2500 model says it now holds 240 yards of #8 mono. The older 2500s held 170 yards. Are the spools just deeper??

It's not just as simple as looking at the "size" of each reel anymore. For example, the new Tatula LT spinning reels which look and feel great by the way, have a "C3000" model which has less line capacity than the 2500 model in the same series. The new Ballistic LT spinning reels have two 2500 sized reels, one a high gear ratio model, the other a lower gear ratio model. The Tackle Trap has several models in stock and ready to ship, feel free to call the shop with questions on these - 256 281 6160.

3. Member
    Thanks Bronzefly

4. Member
    Are they pretty smooth Gary ?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Are they pretty smooth Gary ?
    Yes, both the Tatula LT and Ballistic LT are very nice indeed.

6. Member
    Didn’t mean to hijack the thread fellas , thanks for the info Gary . Are they luvias style smooth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Didn’t mean to hijack the thread fellas , thanks for the info Gary . Are they luvias style smooth ?
    The Luvias is a $300 to $350 spinning reel, the Tatula LT @$190 and the Ballistic LT @ $230 aren't in quite the same class in terms of price point. In terms of initial smoothness, both the Tatula and Ballistic LT feel great in hand and are easily on par with anything I've felt in a similar price point.

8. Member
    Thanks for the clarification Gary.

9. Member
    Hey Gary. Are the spools on the LT reels similar in diameter to the jdm Daiwa sinning reels? I read somewhere that a Daiwa rep said the LT reels are completely redesigned. I like the wide spools on my jdm Daiwa spinning reels.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Hey Gary. Are the spools on the LT reels similar in diameter to the jdm Daiwa sinning reels? I read somewhere that a Daiwa rep said the LT reels are completely redesigned. I like the wide spools on my jdm Daiwa spinning reels.
    As much as I enjoy JDM tackle, I really don't mess with any JDM spinning reels, so I'm not sure which reels you're trying to compare. The LT reels are completely redesigned though and are a very nice family of reels.

11. Member
    To be more specific, I was wondering if a certate 2500 size spool is the same diameter as say a ballistic lt 2500 spool.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    To be more specific, I was wondering if a certate 2500 size spool is the same diameter as say a ballistic lt 2500 spool.
    The only Certate in stock at The Tackle Trap is the all new Certate 2510PE-H. If a size comparison between it and the new Ballistic LT would be helpful, feel free to call the shop!

13. Member
    Without having Bps/cabelas close to get a hands on, how do the Daiwa ballistic 2500 compare to Shimano 2500's in terms of physical size?

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Without having Bps/cabelas close to get a hands on, how do the Daiwa ballistic 2500 compare to Shimano 2500's in terms of physical size?
    Very similar, but the Daiwa Ballistic is LIGHTER than the Stradic Ci4 and in my hands, feels better. Both great reels and both in stock at The Tackle Trap... so is the new Tatula LT (Far LEFT) which is also a great feeling, light weight reel.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Very similar, but the Daiwa Ballistic is LIGHTER than the Stradic Ci4 and in my hands, feels better. Both great reels and both in stock at The Tackle Trap... so is the new Tatula LT (Far LEFT) which is also a great feeling, light weight reel.

Thank you sir, can't beat the Tackle Trap, always friendly and helpful folks. Highly value your real world experience and views on all the new gear.