1996 Mercury 200 HO serial number 0G304525 ???

Hello all as I have posted before my belief is that i had a 1996 200 efi(this was on the lower unit as it attached to the boat), After the motor over heated i decided to rebuild the motor. i started to take the motor apart this is what i found head part number is(18488-C4) front half (969-9078-C5) block number (884-97-63C) can anyone tell what i have from the infomation I have provided?

thank you Walt

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the block casting/production numbers aren't going to tell us much. Cylinder SLEEVES are the big difference between the 150/175/200 (porting of the sleeves, specifically).

Mercury doesn't publish their internal-use casting/production numbers. In some cases they may be "close" to a part number (884-97-63C is near the BASE part number for the powerheads... but doesn't have enough info to determine WHICH powerhead it would be).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor