For whomever was asking about Spray Foam insulation.

Came across this while looking at gutter cap/clog free gutter options and ended up on youtube with a bunch of links for products that have destroyed people's homes.
    Thought some may be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hh5MYv7lWc

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delee36 View Post
    Came across this while looking at gutter cap/clog free gutter options and ended up on youtube with a bunch of links for products that have destroyed people's homes.
    Thought some may be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hh5MYv7lWc
    -
    I was intrigued by the spray foam insulation too and stumbled on a lot of these videos. Makes the basic ole blown cellulose stuff seem just fine.

3. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Interesting and informative..

4. Member
    Built a new home and was considering doing foam, but after all the horror stories I have read about or heard about went with standard blown in insulation. Supposed to be a terrific product if installed properly and the installers really know what they are doing.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BSSCT98 View Post
    if installed properly and the installers really know what they are doing.
    that can be said about any product

Troy - true, it can be said about any product. Most of the failures of the Stucco over foam that ruined literally thousands of homes just in my area was mostly installation failures - but after all the lawsuits the industry "caught up" and changed the installation requirements to make it a bit more "idiot proof".
    So I think of this that same way - I, personally, would wait to use it until some of the bugs are worked out.

7. Member
    Have had 3 friends build within the last few years, they all used the foam insulation and geo thermal. They set their air to 74 and its actually chilly in the house. In the winter they set it to 68 and its very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duece22 View Post
    Have had 3 friends build within the last few years, they all used the foam insulation and geo thermal. They set their air to 74 and its actually chilly in the house. In the winter they set it to 68 and its very comfortable.
    Yep that's my house. 3 yrs old, 2 inches of closed cell foam on all exterior walls followed by 4 inches of blown in cellulose. Attic has 2 inch close cell with approx. 6 inch cellulose. Geothermal and my unit very rarely runs. My house is always at 73 degrees, never moves. Upstairs or down. love it.