Wrapping a Bass Boat questions

Looking at having a wrap applied to my 2000 BassCat Cougar.

Am I correct to assume the rub strip will have to be removed ?
    If so, can it be reinstalled? Or do I need a new one ?

How are the edges done, anybody experience them wanting to peel or roll up along the edges?

And how resilient are they in terms of scratches from submerged timber, weeds and limbs ?

Thanks

2. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Rub rail will stay in place. They apply the decal above and below it.

Limbs and some docks will scratch and tear the wrap.

Weeds and grass aren't as harsh.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Do you have a quote on cost? And possible repair costs if scratched? Are you thinking about this for advertisement of a business, or "just because"? If for a business, it might be worth the initial cost plus repairs when scratched, etc. If not for your business....your call....

When I called on wraps they have a 10-12 yr life and aren’t very durable. If the gel coat is good, I’d buff it out.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Got a half price deal in a tournament.
    I took the rubrail off so it would look better and was able to reuse it. Was a LOT of work. (would not do it again)
    The edges stay unless they get damaged in some way. Contact with any hard or sharp object (Dock - Limbs) will tear it.
    First year the Elites went to Falcon--it was NOT pretty.

Take a close look at the pro's boats, I mean up close where you can touch them. They look good on TV, but up close they are scratched all to heck.

My boat is wrapped. All above info is spot on. My boat looks great from afar but up close it has battle scars

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    My boat is wrapped. All above info is spot on. My boat looks great from afar but up close it has battle scars the pics are from just brushing up against a dock.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

nobody keeps their wrapped boats more than a year just get your sponsors to wrap the new one too. Surely you can keep it together for a year

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector