16' 921 250 Pro XS PROP Recommendation

I'm currently running a Fury 25p 3 blade. It never ran faster than 73. I don't carry a lot of tackle and I have lithiums. My friends say I should be running 76 plus. I'm thinking that would be in optimum conditions but still feel the boat could run better. I'm thinking of the Fury 4 blade. Anyone try a different prop or the Fury 4 blade?

2. Member
    RPMs?

3. Member
    Definitely think it has a bit more in it, and not to be a Debbie downer, but 73 on a loaded 21.5' boat is pretty darn fast. Maybe experiment with motor height, clean that prop up with Mark, etc. In my experience you give up a little top end when going from an optimized performing 3 blade to a four blade- gain holeshot and grip though. My partner had a '12 921/SHO and best tourney loaded speed was 72.4. In the real world tourneys we were in, we weren't getting passed and were passing plenty of other rigs.

4. Member
    I'm running a fury 4 on a PHX. It's a 70 mph honey badger. It doesn't care what you put in the boat. Grips well. Holeshot is awesome. Corners well. However, it has too much stern lift. Back of the boat can get loose especially in rough water. Like to try one with the bell cut off some but afraid to touch it. You give up 1-2 mph top end but get there quicker and maybe faster on a curvy lake. Great night prop.
    As for your boat I'd bet it is related to plate height. Getting that last 1-2 mph it has to be just so and you are having to drive it with the fury 3.

5. Member
    I have a 921 with a 25 fury and can get just over 73 with a light load by myself. Full tourney load and 2 guys im more like 68-70. My prop could stand to be cleaned up a little but that seems to be all it has. I have a hydraulic plate and have played with it a lot to find the sweet spot and tgat seems to be all it gets
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    Not sure how much more you'll really be able to squeeze out of it but you may actually need to lower the plate to counter the boat riding higher due to lithiums.
    If that doesn't work have your fury B&B or try a 25 or 26 tempest

7. Member
    My 921 runs 75 with 2 people loaded with a 25p fury 3 blade. I have hit 78 with a 26. I also have a fury 4 25p. It handles great with the 4 blade but top speed was around 72. Id like to try a 26p 4 blade. One thing about the furys is none of them are the same. Ive tried multiple furys. Some just dont have the lift

Dave Barker - Pittsburgh, PA

2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP 2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Dave,
    That's what I've noticed with my Fury 3 blade. My boat doesn't have a lot of lift. I think I'm going to get another 3 blade Fury 25P and hopefully it will run a tad stronger. It seems like the norm for 2 guys, tournament loaded is 70-72. Some may run a bit more and some a bit less. It seems like I'm about the average. I thought lithiums would improve top end but it mainly has improved the hole shot.

You need to get one of the props worked instead of getting it out of the box and slapping it on.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    You need to get one of the props worked instead of getting it out of the box and slapping it on.
    +1...it's cheaper too.