Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar

Timbren Suspension Enhancement?

Anybody add these to their truck? How do you like them?

My 250 tows my 5th wheel just fine, but I think I'll have some headlight aim problems. Found a set of very lightly used Timbrens that were cheap enough to give them a shot to see how I like them. Had been considering air bags, but at ~$100 and 30 minute install I'm going to try these first.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I had Timbrens on my 2008 F250 PSD. The ones specific to the F250 were too tall and left a gap of less than an inch. That created ride issues as the springs would not have room to flex. I called Timbren and they were very aware of the issue and sent a shorter model that worked out fine. It gave the suspension room to move during normal driving and kept the bed from bottoming out when the 5th wheel was dropped on the bed. Over time, I believe the rubber does tend to compress a little.

Catfan, see what you think about them. They are the easy to install.

My original Timbren install (for 2008 F250) - note the gap between stop and timbren.

Replacement from Timbren (not as heavy duty and shorter, ride was fine)
    Last edited by F150owner; 10-16-2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added photos

so these are like an overload air bag without air adjustment? and they dont get used till you are heavy enough to take the inch of stock suspension out?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    so these are like an overload air bag without air adjustment? and they dont get used till you are heavy enough to take the inch of stock suspension out?
    Basically. They replace the jounce bumpers on the frame. It stiffens the suspension when you have a load on and lets it move normally when empty and on the road.
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    As an alternative to these I used Torquelift Stableloads on my Ram 3500. They are spacer that you swing in between your overload spring and the rest of the pack. Rides like normal when not engaged but engages the overload at all times when swung into the pack. They worked extremely well with my 4000 truck camper.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    As an alternative to these I used Torquelift Stableloads on my Ram 3500. They are spacer that you swing in between your overload spring and the rest of the pack. Rides like normal when not engaged but engages the overload at all times when swung into the pack. They worked extremely well with my 4000 truck camper.
    Looks like a cool idea, but at over $300 for a set I think I'd have gone for the air bags.
    nothing else matters.​

I have them on the front of my plow truck. work great
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Looks like a cool idea, but at over $300 for a set I think I'd have gone for the air bags.
    I've had airbags and while they give support are not the same. I find them extremely bouncy due to the increased rebound without having corresponding increased damping from new shocks. The Stableloads literally have zero downside. They are also significantly easier to install and can't fail like airbags.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250