Thread: Jaguar

Jaguar

Was wondering how fast the jaguar will run. And how come not as much talk about the jaguar on here. To me it looks like a great layout One lady question. Could anyone compare the jaguar to a falcon 215

2. Member
    The Jag is in a class all by itself. As BCB says "It truly is the last bass boat most will ever own."

3. Member

Speed will obviously depend on motor, load, etc. Upper 60's to low 70's with 250, upper 70's with 300, Low 80's with 350, mid 80's with 400. That's a pretty good summation. I've fished out of one and ridden in a couple of them. The Jag is in a class of it's own.

5. Member
    Both are good boats. I believe the Falcon is wider.

6. Member
    I test drove/fished out of one with 250 PorXS for 4 hours. I was surprised as to how well it responded with that motor, really nice.
    My interest was in being both one of the few Jaguar buyers becasue even Bass Cat will tell you it is not a volume boat for them, more of a niche becasue of its size and cost but also one of the fewer with a 400 Verado.

Unfortunately the boat layout did fit me, its a personal thing.
    Given how well it ran with a 250, I can only imagine that beast with a 400.

7. Banned
    Find Russ Lane somehow and ask him , he ran one I believe on tour 1 year .

8. Member
    If you could go back in time, to the mid 1960's, and take a ride in a Chevy II Nova, followed by a Cadillac Sedan De Ville, the De Ville is the Jaguar. It is BIG. Waves that you feel in a 19 footer seem like ripples when in the Jag. You are not going to fish it in 1' of water. You are not going to weave in and out of boat docks and stumps near as easy as in that 19' boat. But the ride, the storage, and the room on either deck is ridiculous. One of the few boats where a Dinghy is an optional add-on. :) And if you have access to an old Wal Mart that closed, so much the better, that makes a good place to store the thing. Unless your garage will hold a school bus. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

I run 77 with tourney load. Best I saw was 81 light when new. The rig handles very well in most conditions. I had a P2, a puma ft. and now the Jag. I really don't find much difference on the trolling motor. The Jag is surprisingly responsive to the troller and it will fish just as shallow as the puma. The P2 was sportier but in open water which I fish just not high enough to prevent waves washing over the bow into the the wind. So far the Jag has not had that issue. I'm sure it could happen but then again probably don't want to fish in those conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Wow that’s a great shot of that JAG! Blue on white is so nice!��

11. Member
    78 mph tourney loaded with the 12 ft talons,that's when the pos verado is running right which is about half the time����
    Attached Images Attached Images