Putting my G to sleep for the Fall/Winter

What are some good tips on winterizing my little boat? I Have never done this before so any help will work. I have a 1998 Outlaw with a 150 mariner optimax

I know that I'm taking the batteries out and getting the tires off the ground... but I don't really know if I should run the gas out of it. what about the oil reservoir should that

be empty as well or at least close to it? Again this is my first time doing this and I didn't know if there was any "Gambler specific" things I needed to do,

that's why I asked here instead of the novice forum

it will be in my unheated garage unfortunately.

thanks for any help or tips!!! just wish I could have taken it out one more time... but deer season is getting in the way LMAO
    always learning

2. Member
    I am a deer hunter too and no way am I putting my boat away until the last minute. Some of my best days are sitting in a tree till 10 then dropping in by 11-12. The big Mama's are gourging!
    That being said I don't worry about much. I make sure I got quikstore in my tank, lower unit trimmed down, and the cover on.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

3. Member
    Always change your lower unit oil before any hard freeze. If you have any water in your lower it could crack your housing. I got lucky last year when mine had water enter from a bad gear shift shaft seal. It could have been real expensive if I hadn't caught it when I did.

I'm not sure if your Outlaw hull is similar to my '93 Intimidator - but mine has pockets inside the rear compartment at the very back that hold water near the batteries and the live well fill pumps. Before winter storage, I always use the shop vac with crevice tool to vacuum up those puddles, as well as vacuum out the live well overflows, fill pumps, bilge and pump and recirc pumps. Not sure if it's necessary, but gives me peace of mind over the winter. Yes, mines stored already....sad!

thank you guys for the responses!!
    always learning