USA Did anyone fish LOZ this weekend and how did you do?

Going down to LOZ soon around Niangua and mid lake. How did you guys do this weekend?

Looking for depth, type of lures, water color, water temp, etc.

I will return the favor next week with how we did, with all of the above information.

Thanks

2. Member
    PM'd

3. Member
    I was there this past weekend. Only fished for about an hour up around 4 mm. Caught 2 out on the main channel on a senko. The temp was around 76 others I talked to some others and they said the bite was tough to come by, I'm hoping this cool front thispast Sunday will help.

4. Member
    Can you say Whopper Plopper?

5. Member
    Here now
    Threw everything
    Caught 10 short all on jigs
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

6. Member

USA

Well, I asked for help last weekend, so I will let you know what happened in our TX.

The winner was 2,9 lbs ( we just weigh one fish per boat ). But fishing was tough for our TX
    It was caught on a brown brush hawg in 9ft of water. We caught shorts on spinner baits, buzz baits, jigs on the 2 days before the TX
    and a few keepers. But, fishing was tough for our guys. Water Temp was 69 to 72, water color normal for LOZ

7. Member
    We had a club even out of Point Randall and we struggled big time. We had 12 pounds for 4 fish with a 6 pound kicker. Caught them on a shakey head and chatterbait in dock slips and jigs skipped behind docks.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyNegus94 View Post
    We had a club even out of Point Randall and we struggled big time. We had 12 pounds for 4 fish with a 6 pound kicker. Caught them on a shakey head and chatterbait in dock slips and jigs skipped behind docks.
    Were you the guys taking off Sunday morning in the rain? I was thinking either you guys did well on Saturday or you just had to try again. I didn't catch or see much at all being caught. Your report confirmed this. Maybe next time

9. Member
    Yessir. There was 20 boats

10. Member
    We had a group of buddies (9 boats) that had a small tournament out of Dogwood Acres. We caught 3 keepers, 1 at 5.0 lb even on a spinner bait. One on a shakey head and one on a Whopper Plopper. All 3 came out of Buck Creek. We lost two others at the boat, one of them when the spinner bait broke at the bend. My brother caught 5 keepers just over 12 lb and won the tournament, 3 of those out of the Gravois. Four on a shakey head and one on a spinner bait. It was slow. We had about 2 hours Friday afternoon where we caught them on the front & side corners of just about every dock on buzzbaits & whopper plopper, but it had clouded up, and that pattern did not hold on Saturday.

11. Member
    I had multiple blow up Saturday on a white plopper on the shady side of docks but they were hitting behind it or hitting it and blowing it up into the air. All these were on the 90 size. Didn’t have nearly the action on the 130

12. Member
    I just bought the 110 in white, bone & loon. I had more strikes on the loon, but that is my comfort color.