Helix 10 SI Gen 1 Menu Issue

Okay this one has me buffaloed. One of my three screens I run regularly is SI/Map when I am searching an area.

When you hit menu the small drop down is supposed to show up to allow you to switch sides and change settings, it is supposed to! I saved my info, restored defaults, reset everything and tested it. On Simulation mode it works fine, on real live mode, it does not. It worked fine until recently, no changes to the unit, no software updates, just plugged it in one day and it was not there. Menu pulls up the full menu now.

I am running version 1.40 software.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

2. Member
    From your signature it looks like you have an Ultrex, is it a link version? My units (G2 and G1) both have the express menu issue you mentioned. We think it narrowed it down to the i-pilot link being the factor. My express menu will show up for a a few minutes if I restart the unit. I don't know the time period it is good for but it will show the express menu for a few minutes after restarting. I think someone mentioned on a previous thread about this issue that HB is aware of the issue so hopefully there is a plan for a software update soon.

3. Member
    Same problems here - also have iPilot Link (Ulterra)

4. Member
    Ahhhh interesting. Thanks guys. Yes it is a link.

I need to check my 1199 and see if it is doing the same thing. I generally leave it alone once I'm up front. The Helix on the dash I want to sometimes zoom in and look at something while riding around.
    Last edited by Phoenix Ed; 10-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

5. Member
    If I keep the plain CHART view hidden, then my x-press menus don't disappear.

I too have the ipilot.

Cheers,
    Scott