Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    Drop to group 34 batteries for troller and they are lighter. All 3 fit in the passenger compartment. I did it and its a breeze. I wouldn't use my cranker as the 3rd.
    You mean group 24?

I fit 3 group 31 on the passenger side of my 20XD, I put 2 lenghtways and 1 sideways.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    In my 21xd, all three TM batteries are side by side on the port side and the oil tank is over with the crankin battery on the starboard. My big Dual Pro professional 15A 4 bank is mounted on the back wall of the compartment behind the passenger seat and still plenty of room.
    Randy I wish I could run 3 in the rear of my 20xdc but it came with the aux fuel tank so the compartment is too short! I just barely get 2 - 31's in it!
    My decision was to not use the extra tank, (I never needed the extra fuel), cut the top open and use it's space for my fuel pump, filter and trim pump!

My cranking battery was moved to the passenger side storage compartment with 2/0 AWG cables running to busses on the starboard side where only my 2 PowerPole pumps are located!!
    She sets level with only me in the boat and gear stowed in the right places!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    You mean group 24?

I fit 3 group 31 on the passenger side of my 20XD, I put 2 lenghtways and 1 sideways.
    No...34.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    You mean group 24?

I had 3 34's that would run for 2 days on a MK 101.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

5. Banned
    Just talked to another guy on the phone who has a Stroker with a 101 MK that he also runs the 3 battery, middle battery as the cranker setup. With a 300XS... says he never has issues.... hmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by T-racer View Post
    Just talked to another guy on the phone who has a Stroker with a 101 MK that he also runs the 3 battery, middle battery as the cranker setup. With a 300XS... says he never has issues.... hmmmmmmmm.
    I run max 29’s. (Walmart). I get 5-6 yrs out of them. They do good when I fish tourneys but I fish a lot other than just tourneys and I may be on the water for 12+ hrs. So that takes a toll on them. I run a TM a lot and some of the lakes I fish has a short big mota run time. I guess if you’re runnin and gunnin a lot then the 3 battery system should work fine. In my waters, a 3 battery system doesn’t cut it. I fish early morning into dark and the TM batteries hold “good”, but not to reliable for the big mota. I don’t like taking chances.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    Randy I wish I could run 3 in the rear of my 20xdc but it came with the aux fuel tank so the compartment is too short! I just barely get 2 - 31's in it!
    My decision was to not use the extra tank, (I never needed the extra fuel), cut the top open and use it's space for my fuel pump, filter and trim pump!

My cranking battery was moved to the passenger side storage compartment with 2/0 AWG cables running to busses on the starboard side where only my 2 PowerPole pumps are located!!
    She sets level with only me in the boat and gear stowed in the right places!
    That’s a nice set up WillySteve! Yeah, if your not going to use the aux tank, why waste the space. That would be a difference between the 20 and 21xd. You done a nice job installing everything.

deleted. It double posted on me.

Buy my 36v lithium problem solved

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just in time View Post
    Buy my 36v lithium problem solved
    What one you have?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I run max 29’s. (Walmart)
    This may shock some but I only run 2 batts...same ones ^WV runs^. I love to fish...troll salt and fresh. I'll fish a windy day if they are biting too. And of course having all 4 speakers blaring is a must while fishing salt, 2 graphs too. Run 24v in series for trolling motor out of one side and 12v out of the other side at the same time. Have an additional wire ran between the two batteries that allows me to parallel them with a quick wire switch if needed...12v at double the amps/capacity if I were to drain them too much. But haven't ever had that problem. Batteries are currently 3 years old. Only run a 24v 70lb (or 75lb, too old to remember) Motorguide Varimax trolling motor though. Boat balances well for high speeds with one batt on each side...

Lithiums are the bomb for sure but holy cow they are expensive...I'd rather buy 2 props than 2 batteries!
    Last edited by Bullet 20cc; 10-26-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12