Banned

New Rules for Culling

With the new rules for Culling clips I am wondering if you have found a great product that is worth looking into.

2. Member
    What tournament trail "new rules" are you referring to?

apparently bass in maryland
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    The reviews on the two punctureless culling systems on Tacklewarehouse are not good. A lot of people having problems with them killing they’re fish. I had kind of wondered if that was good for the fish’s mouth to be open all day. They are saying it’s rubbing raw, red spots on them also where they clamp. And of course they are falling off also. Several people said the T H marine ones are not the same weights either if you put them on the culling beam without a fish.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Check out the Cali Cull system. They have a different design for the clamp so that the pressure behind the lower lip is adjustable, and the part that goes on the lip is more narrow. I had five fish in the well yesterday for over 6 hours with those tags on them and they were fine when I released them. Similar principle to the TH version, but the ratchet type adjustment works better. They also weigh the same on the balance beam. The system has a nylon/poly balance beam made for the loop, and the balance beam has a float on it as well, so that you can leave it in the live well with or without fish attached.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

The cal coast clip n cull sucks! Smaller tend to get too stressed out by it and big ones are rubbed raw.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

AccuCull is going to be introducing their new Elite Culling clips right after Thanksgiving. These are culling clips that clip on to the lower jaw of the fish and do not fall off and the fish are unharmed and very lively after a day in the live well. They are going to come 7 clips and matching color tubing and because of how they perform will be the Bassmaster Elite, and FLW recommended clips. I cannot wait to get my hands on a set. Go to the AccuCull Facebook page as there are 2 or 3 videos showing these new fabulous clips
    Last edited by diveshades; 11-10-2017 at 07:19 PM.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diveshades View Post
    AccuCull is going to be introducing their new Elite Culling clips right after Thanksgiving. These are culling clips that clip on to the lower jaw of the fish and do not fall off and the fish are unharmed and very lively after a day in the live well. They are going to come 7 clips and matching color tubing and because of how they perform will be the Bassmaster Elite, and FLW recommended clips. I cannot wait to get my hands on a set. Go to the AccuCull Facebook page as there are 2 or 3 videos showing these new fabulous clips
    Does it affect the health of the fish requiring them to keep their mouth open all day? Looks like a decent size clip over their lip

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
    Does it affect the health of the fish requiring them to keep their mouth open all day? Looks like a decent size clip over their lip

I agree, that clip looks huge.

I am working on a system that I think will work. Smaller clips, I think they have enough tension. Have not been out yet to test it. A good friend of mine is on the water right now, just unsure if he remembers to use them.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

The AccuCull clip does not hurt them and they appear to be lively when released. They have also been field tested for over 2 years and I am told that the molds and plastic formula have been tweaked and are now ready for a successful release!

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!