Who’s running a tablet with Garmin Helm?

Last year I added a 1040 to the front of my boat along with my 741 at the console. Now added panoptix and need some more screen space for the map. Was thinking I could get a tablet to mount next to my 1040 and use the helm app to the 741xs to get mapping up front next to my 1040.
    I tried this before when I only had my 741xs but it always seemed to be slow and laggy and the tablet was hard to see in the sunlight. Just wondering what setups others are running? Seems like a waste to buy another 741 or similar just for mapping.

2. Member
    Also looking for something that’s not polarized in landscape mode.

3. Member
    I've used Helm quite a bit and it doesn't seem to be as smooth as on the unit. By not smooth I mean that it looks to me that some kind of sampling is used. It doesn't look like continuous video from the unit is sent to my phone. Instead it looks like what is on the unit is sent to the phone based on some time interval. I wouldn't call it slow. It seems to keep up, but not continuous.

I think seeing in the sunlight will continue to be a problem.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.