Pascifiun or KastKing Braid??

Has anyone tried any of this stuff? It can be found on Amazon and is pretty cheap. They both have good reviews and people compare them to Power Pro. Any thoughts?

2. Member
    I just got some today from Amazon. I seen it the other night. I bought the 20lb kastking braid in low viz gray. I bought the biggest spool, think its 1500 yards and it was just $35. I was messing with it today and it has zero memory and I couldnt tell a difference between it and the power pro I ordered the other day yard casting. If it works good Im sold because I will be able to re line all my reels fairly reasonable every year. I researched it and it used ti be called posieden and was a very popular offshore line.
    Respect no wake zones, Evinrude guys need a place to race too ;)

3. Member
    Just wanted to ad that my neighbor is the one who told me about it the other day and it blew my mind because all of his gear is hi dollar stuff lol. He said the only con he had for it is that when its new there is a film on it that rubs off on your hands for the first few casts. He is using the 40lb stuff though so it may be different.

4. Member
    Cool. I was thinking about getting some #30 low viz gray for topwaters and some #10 yellow for spinning rods. I may have to pull the trigger on it.

5. Member
    Im going to fish it this week. I will let you know my thoughts. Im going to compare Spiderwire braid, Power pro braid and the Kastking braid. All 20lb test.

6. Member
    Cool. Thanks!

"Xtreme Braid" is one that I've had absolutely incredible luck with. I bought a 300m spool of 20 lb in blue (so about 330 yards) for $20 thinking it would be junk and I wouldn't be out much for the off chance it was good stuff. This is going to sound insane, but I actually think it's better than Super Slick or J-Braid, which used to be my favorites. I was able to spool up 3 spinning reels with it and still have enough left over to spool up 1 more.

I've also learned that, for me in my local waters anyway, the blue is easier for me to see than the yellow or other "high-vis" colors.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    Cool Drew! I'll be checking this stuff out.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    "Xtreme Braid" is one that I've had absolutely incredible luck with. I bought a 300m spool of 20 lb in blue (so about 330 yards) for $20 thinking it would be junk and I wouldn't be out much for the off chance it was good stuff. This is going to sound insane, but I actually think it's better than Super Slick or J-Braid, which used to be my favorites. I was able to spool up 3 spinning reels with it and still have enough left over to spool up 1 more.

I've also learned that, for me in my local waters anyway, the blue is easier for me to see than the yellow or other "high-vis" colors.
    Thanks Drew! Gonna have to try it

10. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Anybody ever try the Kast King reels?
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 10-18-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Anybody ever try the Kast King reels?
    Yes. I have the Assassin--gotta say, I love it for the money. I have all the high-end Lews and Shimanos that everybody else uses and the performance of the KastKing is comparable. It doesn't look or feel as nice as the others but the reel flat out works. It's also super lightweight. Only comes in 6.3:1 ratio. Ingenious adjustment mechanism for the centrifugal brake system. I would buy again.
    -Matt

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Has anyone tried any of this stuff? It can be found on Amazon and is pretty cheap. They both have good reviews and people compare them to Power Pro. Any thoughts?
    If the line is being compared to PowerPro as the standard to make, I'd be using the PowerPro...

oe

13. Member
    Well I fished Monday and Teusday with all three trying the same 3 swim baits and same 3 shad rap plugs. I have to say the KK braid is pretty good imo. The 2 I liked best were the power pro and the kast king. For some reason I didn't like the feel of th spider wire under thumb as much as the others, this is just a personal thing too all 3 lines fished great. I could throw the farthest on the kast king and power pro, everything else felt the same. If it lasts a while it's an outstanding deal imo. I have also just order one of the Kast King bait casters, I think it is called the royal decree or something lol. I will give it a go as well, everything comes from china anymore so to me it doesn't have to have a big time label for me to try it. I have a couple Diawa's that were made in Japan but I can't afford to pay 2-300 a reel anymore with all my bills and responsibilities. I have to say it's decent line so their other stuff may be decent too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
    If the line is being compared to PowerPro as the standard to make, I'd be using the PowerPro...

oe
    The Kastking is half priced, so if it performs as well I'd like to try it.