Airborne Lab Tech

Help with prop setup

Just swapped out my 25 Fury for a 24 Bravo 1 XS. Only had time to run it once. Left the jack plate at flush from the Fury, all holes open. Motor revs up to 4500 on holeshot till it breaks over which I expected some. Top speed was only 65 by myself with tourney load and full livewells. What plugs and how many should I use and how far should I come up on the plate? Boat is an 09 P 2, motor is a 200 Optimax. Any info greatly appreciated.
    Airborne!

2. Member
    need to measure prop to pad---about 1k too much on taking off. add one plug and retest--bravo will be slower than a fury but works better everywhere else I believe--might try 4 blade fury if you can 3500 or so correct rpms on holeshot usually- might repost under prop or setup section in area above boats. 65 a good speed i would think??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Hey airborne...I run a 1998 Jag...when I go from 3 blade prop to 4 blade prop, I raise my jackplate 3/4 inch, since most 4-blades can run higher in the water...thus you will get more speed, as long as water pressure is good. Im airbornetoo, ft benning...march1988...hooah!

4. Airborne Lab Tech
    I raised the jackplate up and plugged two holes solid. That fixed the holeshot problem but now I'm all over the limiter at 66. Time to go bigger. Hey Ben I don't think I've seen you around on the lakes. I fish Bass Champs, TTZ, and the Thursday Nighters on Canyon. Blue and silver Pantera 2.
    Airborne!

5. Member
    Job and family have me overwhelmed right now...I live on west side of SA...so I avoid I-35 corridor...fish Fayette & Falcon...don't do tourneys right now. Is Canyon worth my time? I've not been there...my favorite prop is a Powertek TRO4 in 24 or 25....great speed and lift. Turns pretty stiff...25 might work good for you...jmho

6. Member
    I am running a 2006 Pantera Classic with a 200 Optimax, and a 26 Trophy plus 4 Blade prop. 33 gallon main tank, and 10 gallon kicker. Hole shot is good, and top speed has been 71.5 mph on gps. I have been told the Pantera Classic and PII share the same hull with different deck layouts. Hop this helps.