Help selecting unit to buy to pair with my Onix

I have a pontoon boat with an Onix 8 touch screen at my console with 2 transducers so I can get accurate SI readings on both sides, a Terrova with Ipilot link gen 1, a ethernet box and a 360TM. I need a unit I can mount at the bow to run the 360 and GPS. I will be using this to locate and catch shad so I don't really need Mega. I will mount the new transducer on the trolling motor. I would love a Solix but its out of my price range. I'm looking to spend around $1,000.00. Obviously the larger screen the better. What would you guys suggest? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Another used Onix.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    I thought about that. I had to send mine back 3 times and they ended up sending me another one. It works great now and I love it but I would be worried about buying someone else problem. If a regular board member on here had one for sale that hasn't had a bunch of problems I would be open to that.

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    #TRUdat.

That's your only other option besides a Solix if you want full sharing & functionality.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by hayabusaracer View Post
    I thought about that. I had to send mine back 3 times and they ended up sending me another one. It works great now and I love it but I would be worried about buying someone else problem. If a regular board member on here had one for sale that hasn't had a bunch of problems I would be open to that.
    Someone had two 10's for sale on the Swap & Sell board in Sept. May still have them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    you can get a non touch unit and network, can even connect a di transducer to it, this one is si unit

https://www.amazon.com/Minn-Kota-Hum.../dp/B00SE6ZEYE

7. Member
    Ok
    Last edited by hayabusaracer; 10-14-2017 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Wrong post

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    you can get a non touch unit and network, can even connect a di transducer to it, this one is si unit

https://www.amazon.com/Minn-Kota-Hum.../dp/B00SE6ZEYE
    Thanks for your help! I just ordered this unit. You guys are awesome.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hayabusaracer View Post
    I have a onix 8 cross touch, side scan, down imaging unit I will sell for $750. Will come with power cord, cover, gimbal mount and knobby and onix transducer. It works great!!!!
    214-458-8024
    James Moore

10. Member
    I have a onix 8 listed on the classifieds as well and works perfect....Updated software Sonar / DI / GPS
    ~ 2010 Skeeter 20i Class
    ~ Spiralite Custom Fishing Rods
    ~ MarineBassAnglers
    ~ Peregrine 250 Boat Products

11. Member
    I have an Onix at the console and a Gen1 Helix 10di at the bow, they share waypoints only but that's fine with me because my Onix SI transducer is at the transom and the Helix transducer is on the trolling motor. I am very content with my setup the only thing is map cards, you'd need one for each.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Right on Chad~

Good buys on the 8's used guys...

What I have wrapped up in cards for the Helix machines I could put a nice dent in one's asking price!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. Member
    My new Onix 10 showed up today. Can't wait to get it set up.