I bought a bass tracker tx17 this summer and upgraded from my custom 12' deep vee, however the tracker needed a little TLC. After repairing the tilt/trim, and pretty much rebuilding/painting the entire trailer this winter I'll be tackling wiring and the front deck and that about all that left, although that's a pretty big project. I have no part fabricating parts and deck pieces as I did a lot of this work on my last smaller boat. However, the boat came with some rod tubes that go under the front deck but I dont plan on using these and actually want to take them out. after ripping off the entire front half of the boat I found it was filled with foam, no surprise. I'm curious if any of you have any thoughts on how to add a rod locker that will accommodate my longer rods. I know i'll have to extend the front deck a bit to make this happen but what can i remove (foam/aluminum) and what kind of plans are out there for building a concealed rod locker. I need to be able to carry 6-10 rods and my primary concern is just protecting my equipment and keeping from having rods laying everywhere. Thoughts?
Thanks