Pinging disabled

I have two Onix 10, networked with eathernet cable, the sonar works, but DI does not, says pinging disabled. That’s on the bow unit.

The console unit sonar and DI show up on the screen, but the DI does nothing t move.

I just installed these units last night, what do I have messed up ?

2. Member
    Are you doing this outta of the water

Turn on DI in the Sonar main menu or choose the console unit as the source for DI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Turn on DI in the Sonar main menu or choose the console unit as the source for DI.

Thanks Wayne, but I can pull up the drop down box, the sonar is enabled, I can toggle down to the DI box, but cannot get it to turn on. I am assuming you highlight the first box ( which has a radio button) the hit the check mark on the controls and it should turn on, correct ??
    Mine won't do anything.

Also is there some instructions on how to network the two units. I have an eathernet cable linking the two units.

5. Member
    Make sure auto configure is turned off

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunaranch View Post
    Thanks Wayne, but I can pull up the drop down box, the sonar is enabled, I can toggle down to the DI box, but cannot get it to turn on. I am assuming you highlight the first box ( which has a radio button) the hit the check mark on the controls and it should turn on, correct ??
    Mine won't do anything.

Also is there some instructions on how to network the two units. I have an eathernet cable linking the two units.
    On and Off is to the far right of the menu. That is where you do the check mark button push.

Download the Ethernet manual from the Humminbird website.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Make sure auto configure is turned off
    And that was where my issues were.
    Turned that off, when into the menu, activated DI and now all is working............. in the driveway LOL
    Have to get her on the water to see final results.

And when I powered both units down and back up, they were in sync. so that seems to be a plus.

Thanks folks, yall are great !!!!!!!!

8. Member
    So the good and the bad and still puzzled.

Got out on the water this weekend and fired up the Onix 10s.
    The unit on the console(SI) everything was working except the side imaging.
    The bow unit (cross touch) sonar would work, down imaging and temp would not work.
    And the units would not network. So after messing with a while, I finally reset functions to factory default on both units.
    Once the console unit came up I went to setting, disabled the auto configure, checked the boxes for DI and Si.
    Everything came up great, worked the whole weekend.

When the bow unit came up, I disabled auto configure, checked the box for DI and Temprature, when I went back to the view screen,
    I still got nothing showing on DI and no temp reading, had sonar, water depth and time.
    I restarted the unit and a box came up to network the units, when I hit network, two boxes showed up showing the IP address for each unit, but the button to network was grayed only cancel was available.
    i did notice in the box with the IP address for the bow unit had a red exclamation mark. Which I am assuming it has to do with
    the DI not working.

So is it possible I have a bad transducer ?
    it is the puck style mounted on the trolling motor.

Or do I still not have something in the settings configured correctly ?

9. Member
    after you make the adjustments try turning the units off then restarting. Also may have to start the units up in a certain sequence maybe turn the bow unit first then console , if that don't work try the reverse sequence