4 blade to 3 blade

I have a 17'6" Skeeter with a 130 Yamaha 2 stroke. My current setup is 6" jackplate set at 3" p2p. Running a 4 blade 13x19p aluminum prop at 51-52mph at 5900rpm right now. I want to try a 3 blade to see what kind of speed I can get. I have a SS Yamaha prop which is a 13.25x21p but I hit some rocks with it and it's a little dinged up. Nothing major but I haven't had it repaired to try since I installed the jackplate. I'm also looking at a used Laser II 13.5x22p prop that's in good shape. Do you guys think my boat can run the Laser II 22p or should I repair the 21p and run it? Just looking for some suggestions before I drop a couple hundred bucks on either.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Get the 21" yamaha prop repaired and see how many rpm's you can turn it. That's the cheapest way to go and you can always sell the repaired prop and get your money back.. If you buy a laser it may need a hub kit for a yamaha motor or different thrust washers if it's and old rubber hub laser.

3. Member
    I thought if you go from aluminum to stainless you wanted to go down in pitch because stainless won't flex as much as aluminum? Not sure you'll get the RPM's needed with a 22P prop.