More seat time equals more smiles!

All the work put into it is finally paying off.. Got to go out on the lake a bit and got her up to 88.2 with the 28 Promax... Still has some left in it i think with the 28.... but i think the 30 is comin out!

Really love this boat!

2. Member
    1.75?
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

3. Member
    Yessir

4. Member
    When it just "Arrives" as you are behind the wheel and you are in control and everything responds to your fingers and foot, it is a thing of beauty that a novice can't understand until they have the same experience. The struggle of having that come to fruition is worth it. Glad you got to feel it and now you have taken ownership of it. It will always be there. Like riding a bike!

5. Member
    Thx Johnny... it also helped that there were only like 5 boats on the lake lol.

I really got to experiment a bit.. It looks like my jackplate was a bit high.. wp was low.. highest i saw was 15.6 i think.

Really was smiling though from ear to ear...

Everyday is an opportunity to learn though... but i am getting more of a feel for it as you've all said!

Thx

Dan

6. Member
    With my boat I have been surprised how much counterbalance I need. With only like 25 lbs it takes way more input than when running with a passenger. With the passenger I felt like the boat was totally locked in and it was so easy to drive up into the low 70’s.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    When it just "Arrives" as you are behind the wheel and you are in control and everything responds to your fingers and foot, it is a thing of beauty that a novice can't understand until they have the same experience. The struggle of having that come to fruition is worth it. Glad you got to feel it and now you have taken ownership of it. It will always be there. Like riding a bike!

Nice running man!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

I remember that feeling !
    Have helped a couple of first time Allison owners. Watching them go from but tight fear to hopeful anticipation to out right glee is nice.

9. Member
    I think driving it last year under difficult unbalanced circumstances (no troller empty) helped that learning curve.. I purposely stayed in t he 65mph range too at times as it seemed harder to drive.. Fast Forward to adding the Ultrex... 2nd time out it's like night and day...

Just have to keep going with it and learning more each time..

And Smiling!

As long as have been driving mine I still get the nervous over 80.......lol

11. Member
    Once i get around 80.. it seems to really smooth out lol

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Once i get around 80.. it seems to really smooth out lol
    Yea but, your running 80.................lol

13. Member
    I have a twisted gene that somehow makes speed and acceleration more comfortable. Calming even lol.. ive had my knee down while cranked over on a motorcycle @ 125.. Wheelied up too 135 lol..
    Everything slows down for me.. but you cannot lose respect for 1 second...

14. Member
    My speed of easiest driving seems to be that area between 75 and 85. I get a bigger rush when I get up around 90 but I don't push speed every day I'm on the lake. Just every now and then when the urge hits. Just knowing I can does me a lot of good. LOL

15. Member
    Congrats!! It's an awesome feeling when it all comes together.

Were u running those numbers on candle wood? Might be coming up next Sunday to fish, is the lake pretty much clear of water patrol now that we're heading into fall? Curious if it's safe to string mine out yet or not up there!? Thanks

16. Member
    Candlewood lake is nice yes.. lol
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 10-16-2017 at 03:36 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post

All the work put into it is finally paying off.. Got to go out on the lake a bit and got her up to 88.2 with the 28 Promax... Still has some left in it i think with the 28.... but i think the 30 is comin out!

Really love this boat!
    This is the best bass boat I have ever been in. I have to say I was very impressed with Dan's driving skills he drives this boat like he owned it for 5 years. I had a 21 Bullet and know how to drive. We had a good time.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 55excl View Post
    This is the best bass boat I have ever been in. I have to say I was very impressed with Dan's driving skills he drives this boat like he owned it for 5 years. I had a 21 Bullet and know how to drive. We had a good time.
    That's a heck of an endorsement. Thanks Rico!