Tracker rub rail insert

I'm completely restoring my 2001 Tracker 185 and was planning on replacing the insert in the rub rail. It is approximately 15/16 wide, and the flanges back side that slides into the aluminum rub rail is very thin and I cannot find anything close to that profile. No Tracker dealer close to me, but as best I can remember they are much wider on current models. The top rail profile is maybe 1 inch, or 1 1/16 at best, so I can't go but a fraction wider if I replace the aluminum rail and insert. Anyone have any ideas?

I used to own a Tracker Pro Team 185. Great boat, could go anywhere a fish could go.

I replaced that strip on mine one time. I got it at the BPS parts counter. Now, that was a few years back but I'd have to think that there's some new old stock floating around Johnnyworld somewhere. I'd start by calling the factory.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Here is another option......

http://barbourplastics.com/marine-extrusions/

4. Member
    The track for the rub rail is part of the top rail aluminum extrusion, so adding another one won't work. I'll try Tracker tomorrow and maybe they have that in stock. A friend said that they are still using the same design on current models.

Once you find it and you go to replace it, soak it in some hot soapy water first. Makes it easier to install. A rubber mallet and some silicone is helpful too.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Once you find it and you go to replace it, soak it in some hot soapy water first. Makes it easier to install. A rubber mallet and some silicone is helpful too.
    That is good to know. I found some of the insert at Day Brothers Boats in Plattsburgh, NY, DBA trackermarineparts.com . Apparently they are an independent Tracker dealer that stocks a lot of parts. For anyone else that might need it, the part number is 48658, 50 ft roll sells for $132.55 plus shipping of $12-15. I'm going to also check with a BPS at the Tracker desk to see what they have available.