Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fall Fishing on Skiatook?

I've always wanted to fish Skiatook but in past years, the water level has always been so low I never bothered. This year the spring rains filled it to capacity....just in time for the summer wake boat/Seadoo crowd from Tulsa to hit it. Now, all the ski boats have been winterized and it's time for me to leave my air conditioned cocoon. Thinking about running up the turnpike and hitting Skiatook soon.

What's the good advice?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

PM totalbeverage. He'll give you some good pointers!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Most of the good smallmouth fishing is on the south side of the lake, if you do run into the creeks be careful there is lots of timber just below the water line. I always shut down when I get to the mouth of almost any big creek, I also like putting in at black dog it’s on the north end of the lake.

4. Member
    If your after smallmouth put in at tall chief and you don’t have to have to go too far. Any main lake point on the south end of the lake will have them on it. I’ve caught several over five and I’ve got one over six, which is my personal best.

5. Member
    Went yesterday, (Oct 29th), on a nice bluebird day. Fished from Skiatook Point to Tallchief. We managed to catch a couple of smallies and 3 blacks. Biggest smallie was about 1 3/4 lbs. Couldn't get anything to work, but nice day to be out on the water.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by senkoboy View Post
    Went yesterday, (Oct 29th), on a nice bluebird day. Fished from Skiatook Point to Tallchief. We managed to catch a couple of smallies and 3 blacks. Biggest smallie was about 1 3/4 lbs. Couldn't get anything to work, but nice day to be out on the water.
    I was there Sunday too. Caught some on topwater, spinnerbait and creature bait on a biffle head. Missed several on topwater.

I haven't been in two weeks, but I'm heading back tomorrow. I'm ready to get into some more of those brown schizo fish! Anyone else going? I'll be in a bluish silver and white Basscat Cougar w/ dual PP Blades. Holler if you see me.

8. Member
    I’ll be out there also! Black and silver 119 ranger with dual poles. I was there Thursday and it was tough. Hopefully the wind will have them eating!

9. Member
    Made it out today and had a decent day. Had 5-6 keepers, 3 of them being smallmouth. Caught a ton of smaller fish. Water is still in the mid 60’s, I think next weekend oughta be the weekend that they really start feeding up!

Saturday was about the same for me. Half a dozen keepers and a bunch of small fish with a few striped hybrid freight trains in the mix. I only caught 4 or 5 smallies, but my 2 biggest fish were brown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    We had a tough day on teh lake today. We fished from about daylight till around 11am and only caught about 10 or so. Nothing over a few lbs. Had several nice sallies hooked up only to come unbuttoned next to the boat. Rich had one really nice smallie hooked on a crank and broke off next to the boat. Only nice thing bout that was the fish surfaced a few seconds later and tossed his $10 SPRO back. Water temps in teh low 60’s & brisk N wind.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler95 View Post
    We had a tough day on teh lake today. We fished from about daylight till around 11am and only caught about 10 or so. Nothing over a few lbs. Had several nice sallies hooked up only to come unbuttoned next to the boat. Rich had one really nice smallie hooked on a crank and broke off next to the boat. Only nice thing bout that was the fish surfaced a few seconds later and tossed his $10 SPRO back. Water temps in teh low 60’s & brisk N wind.
    I can add my voice to that. My son and I fished from 7 until about 1:30. A lot of short bites and couple of hook ups that got off. Ended up with 3 LM and 1 skinny SM. First time for us on Skiatook so we were learning. Fished the South end. I had one hookup on a jerk bait. But our fish were caught on Biffle bugs and 7" power worms.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    I can add my voice to that. My son and I fished from 7 until about 1:30. A lot of short bites and couple of hook ups that got off. Ended up with 3 LM and 1 skinny SM. First time for us on Skiatook so we were learning. Fished the South end. I had one hookup on a jerk bait. But our fish were caught on Biffle bugs and 7" power worms.
    Ken, were you in the the white with red Skeeter? Gambler95 and I were in the red/white Legend.

Yesterday had all the makings of a perfect topwater day but we didn't have one single blowup....
    Wasn't a spinnerbait day either. Caught/lost most of them on crank baits.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

14. Member
    We were in my sons maroon Ranger 521. Looking forward to going again with more favorable conditions.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

We were in my sons maroon Ranger 521. Looking forward to going again with more favorable conditions.
    Okay wasn't you guys in the Skeeter. We put in at Tallchief and I saw a Ranger trailer there when we left. Maybe that was you guys? That north wind was ripping right into the ramp area when we left.

It'll just get better as the water temp drops.

Hope to see you up there. I'll probably be there most Sunday's until I can't stand the cold.
    White 2002 Dodge diesel and the red/white Legend.

16. Member
    Hope to see you there!
    We'll either be in the Ranger or my Skeeter...... and by the way....great looking wheels on your trailer! :)
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Hope to see you there!
    We'll either be in the Ranger or my Skeeter...... and by the way....great looking wheels on your trailer! :)
    Ha! Thank you!

18. Member
    Anyone gonna try and get out Sunday? Winds are suppose to be a little calmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    Anyone gonna try and get out Sunday? Winds are suppose to be a little calmer!
    I'm sitting here right now studying maps and the weather forecast trying to decide whether I should go to Skiatook or down to Arbuckle, where I know what I'm doing.

Looks like post cold front , blue bird skies conditions. Might be tough.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

20. Member
    Heading to Gibson tomorrow. Maybe Skiatook on Wednesday.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast