Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Sooner Fan: Did you end up going to Skiatook?

Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Hey Sooner Fan: Did you end up going to Skiatook?
    Not this past weekend....got up and it was 33˚ and I woosed out and stayed home.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

My Dad and I got a few hours on Skiatook Sunday. Caught a few nice smallies and few little largies and spots. Missed a few nice brown fish blow ups.
    The lake is still pretty dingy. I'm surprised it hasn't cleared up more since the last big rain.
    I'm gonna try to hit it and Sooner again this weekend.

4. Member
    Klinger I was thinking the same thing! Ive fished skiatook for quite a few years and don’t ever remember being as stained, especially on the south end for as long as it has been. I’m gonna try and get out to skiatook Sunday also. Sooner oughta be good Friday, wish I didn’t have to work. I really like sooner this time of year all the way through December, all my wife’s family is from Ponca and I fish it as often as I can!

I've never fished Sooner. Did you guys see the little write up in the fall issue of Bass Angler magazine? Five Fishing Hot Spots. It said a 12 pounder was caught there recently.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    No fish in Sooner.. I wouldn't even waste your time...
    Nick Frazer
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Pin2win201

7. Member
    Made it to skiatook today and in the 15 years I’ve been fishing it, today may have been the best! I absolutely crushed them! I targeted main lake smallmouth all day. Caught probably 25 keepers with 10 of them being atleast three lbs! Caught a ton of small fish and a lot of hybrids too. Caught some early n senkos and then later in the day caught everything on 3xd’s and 1.5 squarebills! If skiatook can keep some water in it, it’ll only get better!

8. Member
    Thanks for the report and congrats on a great day!!!!!!!!!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Fished it Saturday from daylight til about 12:30. Got there early hoping for some topwater action but there was none. Caught about 8-10 and lost a few. Several smallmouths in the 2 1/2-3 pound range (very healthy looking). All were main lake areas on crankbaits. Water was 56-58 and stained. It seemed to get better as it warmed up. It's been weird with not much happening on spinnerbaits or topwater. No sense in getting there super early this time of year. I'm going to start sleeping in...

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

10. Member
    Went today was kind of a strange day warm little wind and they wouldn’t chase anything, caught all of mine on a jigs and Senkos. Everything we caught were good 2-3lbers and 10-15 of them, lake seems to be getting better since the drought

11. Member
    Made it to skiatook for my final day of fishing for 2017! Day was nice but the bite was slow. Only had three bites, but they were three keepers! Not real big, but keepers none the less. I can’t wait for spring already! Merry Christmas and a happy New Years to all of you!

12. Member
    Yea skippy was put there Tuesday and it was tough we only caught 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12