LOOMIS GLX FPR RODS AND MEGABASS PITCHING/FLIPPING RODS

Anybody fish the 894C FPR or the longer 954C FPR rods? I am looking for some feedback on these rods; tip action, backbone, etc.
    I am looking for a rod for punching matted grass and lily pads with 3/4 up to 1-1/4 tungsten plus plastic like sweet beavers and Z hogs.
    I have also been considering the Megabass rods, especially the Perfect Pitch and the AM flipping special. Nobody in my area stocks any
    of these rods, so I can't handle them before purchase and I am hoping to get some feedback on here. The Megabass is about a president
    cheaper and everything I hear about them has been positive. I like the reviews on the PP, especially doubling as a frog rod, but don't know
    it's limitations on weight, which will mostly be in the 1 oz range.

2. Member
    I have several 894C FPR's but I prefer the 895 for punching. I also had a 954C FPR for punching and found it to be too much rod. I don't get the whole deal about using a longer rod for punching. Yeah, I get that if you're flipping your bait into grass holes that the extra length helps when you're right up against the mat, but I found that I could do everything exactly the same with an 895. As far as sensitivity goes, the GLX is unmatched by other rods in it's price range.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    The Perfect Pitch is rated to 2 oz and will handle a 1 oz weight with it's eyes closed. I've have several new GLX JWRs that are awesome but I don't know anything about the FPRs.If you were to buy a PP and didn't like it, you could probably sell it here on BBC in no time. It's a very nice and very versatile rod for working the heavy stuff.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Have two 954's I use for punching / flipping. One always has a 1.5 oz weight the other a 3/4. Perfect rod for punching the Delta and Clear Lake. Light as hell and balanced, sensitive, powerful, what else could you ask for? Amazing stick.