MB PP vs Evergreen CS 7'3" heavy

Anyone had a chance to fish/compare the Megabass Perfect Pitch vs the Evergreen Combat Stick 7'3" Heavy graphite?

Thanks in advance

The XX Perfect Pitch is a little lighter in hand and feels more crisp. It has a shorter handle than the Evergreen 7'3" Heavy too, by a couple inches. I've fished the Perfect Pitch a lot and it's an excellent jig/worm and frog rod, among other things. The Evergreen is nice too, but the PP is worth the difference in price in my opinion. Van - feel free to shoot me a PM for more info, I'll be glad to get you set up with either if you like.

3. Member
    I agree with Gary that it is worth the extra to step up to the MB Orochi PP. I am currently using the evergreen, and it is nice and works very well so I have no complaints... But, the PP's I had are truly a step above. PP feels much lighter in hand and does for sure balance better. In my hands the PP is more sensitive also. It truly from what I have found is THE rod for jigs and I have tried a bunch. The evergreen is no slouch, but if you are looking at the two of them and willing to drop the extra on an y PP I would go that route. If you are comparing it to the levante which I also have owned, I would personally go evergreen over the levante, just better feel and sensitivity to me and I feel a little stiffer than the levante pp.

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies, gents...and the phone conversation Gary.

Much appreciated.