250 Pro XS dying at idle

I have a 2016 pro XS. Since spring, it will randomly die when idling. After loading on the trailer, I could take the boat home and it would start in the driveway or the next time I put it on the lake. After this happened a few times, I took it into the shop. This was about 3 months ago and I haven't had that happen once until today. I'm on the lake right now and the boat just died and won't start. Just like all of the other times, it sounds like the fuel pump is running dry or just working too hard when I turn the key before actually trying to start it. When it does start normally, I don't hear that sound.

I'm going to put it in the shop again since it's still covered under warranty but I was hoping that someone here has dealt with the same problem.

By the way, when it was in the shop last, they addressed a recall issue that I thought took care of this problem.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. Member
    Fuel diaphrams have been failing on a lot of engines. It will cause the symptoms you describe.

3. Member
    Pump up the primer bulb.

There's a primer bulb on these engines? Where is that at?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    There's a primer bulb on these engines? Where is that at?
    Should be in the battery compartment.

Not sure how long you have had your boat, but if you haven't had the fuel hose from the tank to the motor replaced, it should be inspected to be compliant with E-10.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Have you had the problem continue? Did you find a fix?