possible re-locate

I am coming to Knoxville for a couple months for work. Now that I am on the road again My wife Shirley would like to cut the distance down from the grand kids. I was thinking about looking at the Morristown area to relocate to. like to get about 5 acres and be close to a several bodies of water for fishing. Any and all info would be appreciate.

2. Member
    Morristown is right on Cherokee lake, less than 20 minutes from Douglas and not too far from Louden/Tellico and Watts Bar, which then you're not far from Chicamauga/Nickajack/Guntersville. If you go east you can be on Holston in about an hour and 1/2. Norris is less than 30 minutes from there also, but I'd just prefer they filled it back in. Land in those areas outside of the city is reasonable. Good luck with your decision.

3. Banned
    Morristown would e a great place to move to. It and the surrounding towns are quite model communities.

The Upper East Tennessee people are very down to earth, like to tell stories and are downright hilarious. Too bad they are going to have to hire another coach for the Big Orange--big topic up there.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Morristown would e a great place to move to. It and the surrounding towns are quite model communities.

The Upper East Tennessee people are very down to earth, like to tell stories and are downright hilarious. Too bad they are going to have to hire another coach for the Big Orange--big topic up there.
    The only bad thing is the money paid to get rid of jones, 8 million is what I've read.

Bill

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    The only bad thing is the money paid to get rid of jones, 8 million is what I've read.

Bill
    According to the internet they spent 3.7M to fire the basketball coach in 2011. So the reported 9.2 to fire Jones is peanuts. Our tiny UT school (APSU) spent more than that rebuilding the stadium and they hadn't won a game in 29 before this year. Collegiate sports are a money pit. What's that got to do with dude moving to Morristown?

FWIW the average salary for a professor teaching at our UT school is only 10K more than the people teaching your kindergarten here in TN. Stew on that one for a bit when you consider these are the men and women teaching our engineers, doctors, teachers, etc... Yet we put our coaches on a pedestal. Our society as a whole has screwed up morals! I'm not talking TN...America's!

Bassinloose East TN is real nice and homey.

6. Not Banned
    Morristown wouldn't be my first choice... lot nicer communities in the area. If you're getting older, I'd look at somewhere with a good hospital system and good Fire/EMS services as well as access to good water. You also want some stuff for family to do when they come to town.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
    Morristown wouldn't be my first choice... lot nicer communities in the area. If you're getting older, I'd look at somewhere with a good hospital system and good Fire/EMS services as well as access to good water. You also want some stuff for family to do when they come to town.
    +2 Lived & worked in Morristown back in the mid 90's for a short time, wasn't too impressed with that town back then, maybe its different now. Never really felt safe there, always had to watch your back, lots of illegals, drugs, behind the scenes crime and the jobs in that are just don't pay much. Not to mention no good healthcare system close by. I much prefer the Tri Cities area of Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City.
    Its not Detroit or anything, just much better towns to live, in East Tn.

8. Member
    Don't move to Morristown if you can help it