Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Member
    GMC (mic drop)
    pretty good at drinking beer

2. Member
    Wealthy buddy of mine got a Chev dually truck....paid cash for it. His other buddy had a Ram dually...took a ride in it and loved it. He took the Chev back to trade in for a Ram....haha

3. Member
    I was a Chevy guy for over 20 years. When it was time to replace the Avalanche (back in 2014) I test drove all the trucks assuming I would buy either an FX4 and Z71. After numerous test drives I bought a 14 Ram Sport. Absolutely love the truck and plan on keeping it for many more years. It's been a great truck! My only gripe was the horrible OEM Goodyear SRA tires. Once I swapped those POS tires the truck really came to life.

4. Member
    I can't find the link it was on here in Indiana but someone had 4x4 express 5.7crewcabs under 30k. I just bought a Nissan Frontier and if car seats didn't fit Ram's were next up because of the price.

5. Member
    Haven't priced trucks in awhile are dodged that much cheaper??
    GO VOLS

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basketball coach View Post
    nope,not significantly, it all depends on who has what deals going on when....
    however. the resale on rams is cheaper usually... wonder why????????

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basketball coach View Post
    You can actually look on line and compare. Here is a link to a Ram dealer. http://www.donvancechrysler.com/inve...ew/Body/Truck/

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    nope,not significantly, it all depends on who has what deals going on when....
    however. the resale on rams is cheaper usually... wonder why????????
    Im fine with resale being lower. I paid 40k for my crew cab 2500 cummins. Show me a similar truck for that price.
    https://imgur.com/a/Crg1w

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    You can actually look on line and compare. Here is a link to a Ram dealer. http://www.donvancechrysler.com/inve...ew/Body/Truck/
    or go here and compare brands, you can use the drop downs under the truck pictures and compare trim levels
    https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...3_13263-383678

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeva View Post
    Gay Man's Chevy (that's not a "mic" drop)

Maybe this will help.

Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

12. Member
    I have had two Rams first one 2004 4x4 traded it in with 200000 miles
    normal wear and tear breaks,tune ups and wheel bearing.
    Second 2009 4X4 64000. miles traded it in on 2015 F250 powerstroke I needed a truck to tow a 5th wheel.
    I would still be driving the Ram truck if I didn't have the 5th wheel.
    I have never been brand loyal I always buy what is the best deal & price.
    I looked at Chevy Ram and Ford best bang for my buck was the Ford it was $2500 cheaper.
    I would have no problem buying another Ram if the price is right.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

13. Member
    http://www.dashboard-light.com/repor...ize_Truck.html

A site that tracks long term reliability. Like it or not Toyota comes out on top of these about everytime. I think the only time I've ever seen an exception was vehicles on the road long term. Seems that was the Ford F-250. Toyota doesn't make anything that comes close to competing with the diesel F-250.

Buying a vehicle today is like playing the slot machine. You hope for the best. Some machines will pay out better and some are inherently a higher risk. Life's short, buy what you want at that time.

14. Member
    I just spent 11.5 hours behind the wheel of my brother in law's 2014 4x4 crew cab Ecodiesel, great riding truck, lots of torque and was getting 24.5 mpg driving around the mountains of Eastern Ky. He now has 74000 miles on it, only been to the dealer one over some type of recall. If I was looking to buy Ram would definitely be on the list.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    I just spent 11.5 hours behind the wheel of my brother in law's 2014 4x4 crew cab Ecodiesel, great riding truck, lots of torque and was getting 24.5 mpg driving around the mountains of Eastern Ky. He now has 74000 miles on it, only been to the dealer one over some type of recall. If I was looking to buy Ram would definitely be on the list.
    I found a 2015 Ram 1500 with the ecodiesel near me. I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 cummins. I know why would I get rid of that for the 2015. I'm getting older and think I might enjoy a much better ride. Never needed the 2500 but have had 3 of them in the past. My problem is as I said it is a 2015 with less than 7500 miles, the dealer is asking $43,000. Now it is a 4x4 and it is loaded, but I only see it being worth $31-33k. Am I wrong?

Check Davesmith.com. compare prices. He has a ton of trucks and really good prices. EcoDiesel is a great engine.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    I found a 2015 Ram 1500 with the ecodiesel near me. I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 cummins. I know why would I get rid of that for the 2015. I'm getting older and think I might enjoy a much better ride. Never needed the 2500 but have had 3 of them in the past. My problem is as I said it is a 2015 with less than 7500 miles, the dealer is asking $43,000. Now it is a 4x4 and it is loaded, but I only see it being worth $31-33k. Am I wrong?
    Those older Dodge trucks with the 5.9 bring a premium around here. Even dealers pay top dollar for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I work on rams daily. The only thing I dislike is the seat height. My heads hits the headliner so I drive gm trucks. To the one with the paint issues. Same tires as old trucks? Drive on gravel roads ? My buddy has a 14 Silverado that has tons of paint missing cause he drives on about 10 miles of gravel roads a day
    I have the brand new tires that came with the truck, and as I mentioned in my post, city driven and no gravel roads. I drive this the same way I drove my Laramie for 3 years and never had this issue. Also drove my Dakota the same way, no issues with that either or any of the new cars I've owned really. Btw How tall are you? I'm 6'3" and don't come anywhere close to the headliner! I do lower my seats though with the power adjustments, I but it as low and as far back as possible. In that position, I have something like 10" of clearance from the ceiling.

Another thing I forgot to mention, I really don't like how high the foot pedals are on the Ram, never understood why they are like that. Even with the power adjustments down all the way, they're way too high.

Btw still waiting for Chrysler to decide what they're going to do... today they measured the paint thickness all over the truck and apparently the thickness levels are normal to low-normal overall. So not sure if that will hinder the process even more, we'll see.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    1990 Fords were known to have peeling on the hoods. Ford contacted me before mine really had a problem. I took it to my dealer and they said it needed repainting. They had a new guy in their paint shop and were totally unhappy with the hoods he repainted, so they fired him, hired a new paint man and re-painted all the hoods a second time. I was just out the inconvenience of taking it in twice. Dodge should give you a new paint job.
    The issue is that they are claiming this is externally caused and not a warranty issue. My argument is that while yes it is externally caused, the paint should not be chipping so easily, I've NEVER seen a city driven vehicle do this before. So right now the debate is if ultimately they will do nothing, in which case I will have to decide if I go to CANVAP arbitration, or if they do help, it will either be a complete strip and repaint of the truck or I will just change vehicles. The truck still has that new car smell for cryin out loud! I love my Ram, I really hope Chrysler will make this right.

Dan

I have short legs lol. I have seen paint that was too hard before and that will chip very badly. When I firmly worked for another of the big 3 we had a truck and trailer that would drop gravel out the back while being followed by a test car to measure paint durability
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast